PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Skelton

wingmaster02
02-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi , I just purchased a 2010 Copper Canyon 36 ft. fifth wheel and getting it ready to travel.I am new to this and wondering if there some set facts I need to know before starting out. I am pulling with a 2007 F-350 dually crew cab w/6.0 diesel. I am not sure where I am headed to but definately will stay on the southern routes for a while longer. any advice would be appreciated
Wayne

Festus2
02-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Wayne:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase. If you were more specific in any questions or concerns you have before "heading out", it would make it easier for our members to respond. Are you new to RVing? Are you concerned about hitching and unhitching? Looking for information about campgrounds or destinations?
Not sure exactly what kind of advice you are looking for......????

wingmaster02
02-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Basically I am going to be a full time rv'er, and not sure what I need to have n my fifth wheel , as in tools, supplies , other than the normal things that go inside. Do I need anything that maybe and experienced RV'er would have along and I have overlooked.? Some information about camp grounds and parks in the west and north west would be helpfull, or the link where I can find them myself. also if you know or know where I can find information about what weight I can attach safely to the back of my fifth? i.e. motorcycle lift that will support 700 lb. bike.
Thanks for your reply, Wayne

Festus2
02-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Hopefully, some of our full-timers will offer some suggestions regarding tools and other necessities that they take with them.
You might try these links for campgrounds and parks:
1) www.rvparkreviews.com
2) www.reserveamerica.com
3) www.campgrounds-by-city.com
4) www.rv-camping.org

I would assume that the motorcycle lift that you are considering would require a major modification to your unit. For something to safely carry and support that much weight would add considerable weight (the motorcycle plus the lift) and length to your 5th wheel and I am doubtful whether the existing wheels, axles and suspension system would be adequate. Just guessing but that thought came to mind.

tlittle2
02-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Welcome to our wonderful world of living on wheels!

Which model Copper Canyon did you buy?

wingmaster02
02-09-2011, 03:22 PM
hi there I think its a Model 330 but can;t remember the rest and I have it at the local RV shop getting the slid adjusted.. It's 36 ft. long I do know that much Wayne

Firecapt
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Here is a document with a bunch of lists that might be of some help:

http://home.comcast.net/~firecapt1/RV Check Lists.pdf