PDA

View Full Version : Need Info about fuse panel

kathybug
11-17-2014, 10:56 PM
We have a 2007 Keystone Everest 344j that we bought used and they rearranged the fuses to accommodate a 220 outlet that they put in. The RV place that we bought it from said that they tried it and it kept popping the breaker, but that's no mind we don't plan on using it anyway. What I'm wanting is to put the wiring back to original, so I need someone that has our exact model to let us know how their fuses are set up. Thanks

falconatsea
10-16-2021, 02:01 PM
I have a 2005 344J and I am looking for the 12v wiring diagram as well. I have part of it mapped out just from turning everything on and pulling the 15a fuses one by one but I have 4-5 that I have no clue where they go.

travelin texans
10-16-2021, 02:06 PM
Highly doubtful you'll find any schematics for any of the systems onboard. They're top secret & most likely wouldn't be accurate if you could find a set. You'll have better luck doing as you have been by mapping it out yourself.

flybouy
10-16-2021, 02:34 PM
We have a 2007 Keystone Everest 344j that we bought used and they rearranged the fuses to accommodate a 220 outlet that they put in. The RV place that we bought it from said that they tried it and it kept popping the breaker, but that's no mind we don't plan on using it anyway. What I'm wanting is to put the wiring back to original, so I need someone that has our exact model to let us know how their fuses are set up. Thanks

Someone could have "the exact model" with a VIN one number from yours and it likely wouldn't be the same. The only way yo find out is pulk a fuse and see what doesn't eork.

bobbecky
10-16-2021, 02:48 PM
Sounds like you are wanting info on the breakers, not the fuses. All the fuses are for the 12 volt DC system, and all the breakers are for the 120 volt AC system. If you can find a mobile RV service tech that is familiar with AC electric in these rigs, they can probably get your rig back to a safe wiring configuration. It’s not really necessary to exactly match another rig like yours.

falconatsea
10-16-2021, 02:57 PM
Sounds like you are wanting info on the breakers, not the fuses. All the fuses are for the 12 volt DC system, and all the breakers are for the 120 volt AC system. If you can find a mobile RV service tech that is familiar with AC electric in these rigs, they can probably get your rig back to a safe wiring configuration. It’s not really necessary to exactly match another rig like yours.

No, the AC side of the panel is actually labeled but there is nothing labeled on the DC side. I have 4-5 15amp and one 10amp fuse that I have no clue what they do... they don't control lighting, jacks, or hydraulics for slides. I think one is probably the water pump but I dont have water hooked up to it currently and I dont know how much fluid is in any of the tanks because that system doesn't currently have power for some reason.... another reason why I am trying to figure out these 12v DC fuses. None look blown but I will re-check them tomorrow when I go back over there. I have 12VDC and 120VAC from the generator so its not an inverter problem as far as I can tell so either the panel isnt getting power through a fuse OR someone messed with wiring and its not even hooked up for some reason.

PS. I just bought this RV and its a basket case. Good bones but needs a lot of TLC to get her back into usable condition.

flybouy
10-16-2021, 03:23 PM
No, the AC side of the panel is actually labeled but there is nothing labeled on the DC side. I have 4-5 15amp and one 10amp fuse that I have no clue what they do... they don't control lighting, jacks, or hydraulics for slides. I think one is probably the water pump but I dont have water hooked up to it currently and I dont know how much fluid is in any of the tanks because that system doesn't currently have power for some reason.... another reason why I am trying to figure out these 12v DC fuses. None look blown but I will re-check them tomorrow when I go back over there. I have 12VDC and 120VAC from the generator so its not an inverter problem as far as I can tell so either the panel isnt getting power through a fuse OR someone messed with wiring and its not even hooked up for some reason.

PS. I just bought this RV and its a basket case. Good bones but needs a lot of TLC to get her back into usable condition.

First check the two reverse polarity fuses, typically 30 or 40 akps. They will be off to the side and jot in-line with the others. They sre there to prevent damage from connecting the battery bwckwards and they will blow if the canles youch the battery terminals reversed in an instant. On older trailers the battery cables were black and white instead of red and black and it causes some confusion. Black is positive and white is negative.

travelin texans
10-16-2021, 03:37 PM
Also if the PO added or the rv came with a battery disconnect near the batteries be sure it's in the "on/connected" position.
Are the batteries fully charged?
What type batteries are they? True deep cycle batteries will not have CCA, CA or MCA listed on the top, those are hybrid cranking batteries not suited for the constant charge/discharge cycles in a RV.

sourdough
10-16-2021, 03:59 PM
For the first 2 posts you need a good working knowledge of power; AC/DC and how (hopefully) to use a VOM and run trouble. You will both need it or spend a lot of "aggravation" time.

falconatsea
10-16-2021, 04:48 PM
Also if the PO added or the rv came with a battery disconnect near the batteries be sure it's in the "on/connected" position.
Are the batteries fully charged?
What type batteries are they? True deep cycle batteries will not have CCA, CA or MCA listed on the top, those are hybrid cranking batteries not suited for the constant charge/discharge cycles in a RV.

So, I just threw in a BRAND NEW Marine/RV battery today. The old battery was toast but I still had 12v power through it with the generator even though the old one would not hold a charge. All the interior and exterior lights work, the slide hydro pump works, the landing gear motor works... but I can't test water without water hooked up which also means I can't test the hot water heater. Being it looks like an original element I would assume it "probably" needs to be replaced whether it's working or not.

Honestly, I like knowing what circuits are controlled by which fuses and breakers so if something goes out I can go right to it. Call it an old habit of my aircrew days but when stuff went south I needed to know immediately where to secure power so things didn't go from bad to OH. What led me down this current rabbit hole is I can't get any functions on the tank/battery level indicators when I hit test. No power. Not even when I hit the pump button. Now I am hearing from my brother that "sometimes" they put inline fuses on random things which should be fun to isolate if it's NOT a fuse. This is my first RV so I have a steep learning curve with this projects systems.

Customer1
10-16-2021, 06:51 PM
Look at the date of the original post.

falconatsea
10-16-2021, 07:22 PM
Look at the date of the original post.

Yep, I saw that but I figured it was already about the fuse panel in a 344J so I would just go off that one rather than starting a new thread.