PDA

View Full Version : Cycling furnace on 33RES

mstat
11-12-2014, 04:26 PM
My wife and I are planning our maiden voyage of our new 33RES. Took delivery in early October, ambient temperature was high 70's and had to let is sit until now. (Waiting for a new addition to daughter's family)

Right now, it is sitting in the driveway getting ready for the trip. Current ambient temperature is 31F with expected temperatures mid 40's to upper 20's during voyage.

We have the furnace running and based on our past two travel trailers the operation seems different.

Blower is running constantly, but burner is starting and stopping on what I'm guessing is the high temperature limit switch.

Checked duct work and it appears clean. (Took leaf blower and back blew from floor registers to furnace and air came blowing out. Had duct work disconnected from furnace)

Put thermometer in floor registers and temperature varies from a high of 120F to low of 85-90F

Being that this is largest trailer that we've had with this type of furnace is this normal?

Our past trailers the furnace would start and the burner would appear to run continuously until the thermostat would shut it down.

It is interesting that our 24 ft trailer had three floor registers, our 27 ft had four 4 in. registers and this 33 ft. has three floor registers fed via three four inch flexible ducts.

Our past two trailers also had a different manufacture furnace than this one.

Sorry for the wordiness, guess just trying to figure this out.

Thanks for any thoughts.

scott24
11-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Is the stat on auto? might have the fan running, if its a high limit,usually your burner wouldnt ignite Does it keep the temp that you have it on?

GaryWT
11-12-2014, 05:56 PM
In our trailer the furnace comes on and the burner cycles until the trailer is at temp. Once temp is reached it all shuts down until heat is needed and then it cycles again. We usually have it set in the 60's to limit the total use.

mstat
11-12-2014, 06:28 PM
T-stat is in heat, fan in auto

Sequence of events:

Blowers start,
Burner lights, runs for bit,
register air temp gets to 120,
guessing burner goes off cause temperature at register drops,
blower keeps running,
then you can hear the burner relighting.

After running for two hours temperature in trailer barely reached 55 degrees with outside temperature being at 30.

And to make it even more interesting, at the end of the two hours it sounded like the burner was cycling even more frequently with a lower temperature increase when running.

Gonna see if local RV dealer has OT limit switch. Might be a simple fix.

sourdough
11-13-2014, 11:14 AM
I have a 2014 Cougar High Country 319RLS. Our furnace does about what yours does; the blower comes on, the burner ignites and it starts blowing warm air. It does heat up to whatever I put it on. Yesterdays high was 37 degrees and I had it set on 60. Heated right up to 60 (I had it set at 70 the day before and it did the same), the burner shuts down and the blower stayed on for a bit then quit. This past spring in FL when the lows were in the high 30s it would do like what you describe I think and it would actually wake me up. It would run as described above but when it came time to shut down the burner turned off, the blower stayed on; then after a couple of minutes the burner would re-ignite and run for a bit; then do it again. It would do it 2-5 times and the re-ignition of the burner, which was just a few feet from the wall of my bedroom slideout, would wake me up every time. I took it in to have it looked at and they said it was normal and couldn't find anything wrong. I've not had a chance to use it again this fall other than the last 3 days sitting on our property next door and haven't slept in it so don't know what it will do this fall/winter.