PDA

View Full Version : Yes another Fresh water drain location thread

summerhummer
11-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Fairly new to me trailer. 2014 Laredo 320 TG but I assume it may be set up just like a laredo 303 TG in this regard possibly..... I can locate the blue drain line and a low point red and blue line.

Is it correct to assume that the blue line Which is near the water pump is the fresh water tank drain on this model? it is also close to the cold water heater...

For the amount of fresh water the tank holds it will sure take a while to let all that water out of that small hole... Or should I be looking for something else?

When I checked last night I couldn't see any other things coming out of the corrugated. I thought I might be missing another screw off type drain for the fresh water tank but since I have this corrugated stuff maybe it is the one small line? Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance for reading...

Festus2
11-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Our FW tank's drain is a small petcock (not a twist cap) which, when opened, provides a very narrow "escape" for the water in the tank to drain. Yes, it does take a long time - especially if you have a full tank. I just open it, walk away, and come back later ---much later.

The FW tank is often located near the water pump but not necessarily - same applies to the HW heater. Our HW tank isn't that close to the FW tank drain. There are so many different models and each with a different setup and location so it's hard to make generalizations.

Your FW tank drain is different than mine but each one seems to be "slow".

BirchyBoy
11-11-2014, 01:01 PM
I can't speak directly about your model, but the lines will drain faster if you open the faucets. Also, my model has a drain plug directly in the water heater than spills out over the side and into the street.

summerhummer
11-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far, I am still holding out for a laredo 320 TG or 303 owner to chime in but it seems like I may have located the drain. My cold water heater also drains to the street and really too close to my Propane gas parts for the cold water heater http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif .

I too understand that opening the fawcet s will help but my grey tank is empty and I would like to keep it that way. albeit with a little Anti freeze from the winterization process.

hankpage
11-11-2014, 01:16 PM
The FW tank is vented so it is not necessary to open faucets. They would not effect the flow since there is a check valve in the pump.

outwest
11-11-2014, 01:21 PM
The water heater has its drain behind the metal panel on the side on the trailer (in form of a plug that is kinda hidden behind gas line). So, the blue line under the trailer that's by itself is the freshwater tank drainage. The red and blue that are next to each other are the low point drains for the water lines to faucets.

Hope that helps.

08quadram
11-11-2014, 05:50 PM
What outwest said!