PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Hideout 308bhds

nbswar
11-11-2014, 12:04 AM
We just bought this unit and was wondering if there is anyone else on here with one?

nbswar
11-15-2014, 02:45 AM
I guess i'm the only one with this model. I'm not sure if that's good or bad!!

chuckster57
11-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

Maybe another owner just hasn't seen your post. Did you have any specific questions?

dieselsmoke
11-15-2014, 06:37 PM
I have a hideout 2014 298bhds. A very similiar unit. the 298 has opposing slides in the living area with a center island where the 308 has both slides on the same side. I have had only a few minor issues but every new camper will have its "out of the box" problems. My awning lights needed replacement from the day I picked it up. One of the landing gear units jams up as I try to put it up and someone put the ladder over top the brake light so that there was no possible way to put a license plate on it. I found that they also didn't put a heat duct in the front bedroom. I already modified a water line so that its simple to winterize. WE LOVE IT! LOVE IT. I found early on that if you let every minor issue with a trailer bother you, it takes all the fun out of it. They ain't made to last forever. If you take car of them, they will take care of you. I'm pretty familiar with mine already so let me know if you have any questions. Check the fittings under the sinks, mine were loose and leaked first time out. They only need to be hand tight but mine were not. Safe travels!

nbswar
11-15-2014, 10:07 PM
I was just curious if anyone had a 308 and what was their opinion of the model. We had an older Laredo and enjoyed it, so we decided to get a new one. Hopefully, we will enjoy this one just as much. Thanks for the replies.