PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever buy from Bluedog RV?

Kirkl
11-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Was looking at a hideout they have on sale and they said it comes with a lifetime warranty.

JRTJH
11-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Never heard of Bluedog RV. Can't help you there, but as for the lifetime warranty, there was a thread on the forum several months ago discussing the in's and out's of this program. First, it's NOT a Keystone warranty, second, you have to pay the dealer to do specific maintenance tasks at specific intervals. These include winterizing and reopening the RV in the spring.

Here's one of the threads about this "warranty program:" http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16184&highlight=lifetime

Kirkl
11-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the reply, warranty looks like a
Scam.

kilmerr1
05-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Finished the purchase and finance process with Bluedog RV in Gresham, Oregon. I found the dealer to be friendly and professional. Now...of course you can say they NEED to be to stay in business but I can tell you after MUCH research and interweb cruising I got a very good deal. Not a STEAL but a good deal. Mike O'Brien was a great salesman to work with. There was NO back and forth and "what we can do is" crap. It was "here's what I want and you tell me a price". In fact almost the entire transaction happened via e-mail and was settled in less than 6 of those. The financing was easy and GREAT rates. Less than 4%. The finance person did her due diligence to upsell warranty and sealant products but it wasn't a hard sell and I didn't feel like I needed a shower when I left her office. Today the new Laredo LHT 23RB is in pre-delivery status and we will pick it up in around 10 days. Your mileage may vary but I recommend Bluedog RV in Gresham as a reputable dealer.

Kirkl
05-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Whoops, i should have deleted this. I bought from russ dean in tri citys so didnt deal with blue dog.

archer75
05-25-2015, 05:43 PM
I found bluedog to be a huge ripoff. I do live around the corner from bluedog in Gresham.
We bought a hideout earlier this year from ByoungRV. They had it listed for $15,999. Bluedog listed the same trailer for $24,000. Ouch! Also got 2.75% through byoung.

We had a friend who shopped at bluedog and said it was fine until they decided not to buy and the dealer developed an attitude.

kilmerr1
05-26-2015, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear you had a negative experience with them. As I said "your mileage may vary". Hope your future RV dealer experiences are MUCH better.

kevperro
11-01-2015, 08:35 AM
Was looking at a hideout they have on sale and they said it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Lifetime warranty is a gimmick. Do your research.

My experience with Blue Dog was negative. I walked away because the Sales lady was rude, offensive and pushy. She accused me of all kinds of "shopping" her when I was just busy at work and didn't have time to get back to her. And... what would be wrong with shopping? Isn't that what consumers are supposed to do? They were $500 cheaper than my local dealer but I was so turned off by her that there was no way I was going to take my business there.

I have limited experience but I'm betting most RV dealerships are like car dealers. You have to assume everything they try to sell you is overpriced and you can likely get it elsewhere for much less money. The financing, protection packages, extended warranties and gap insurance should all be considered overpriced unless proven otherwise by shopping the good/service in the market.