PDA

View Full Version : Adding Shower doors to Neo-angle shower?

KMH
11-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Hello all,

Our 2012 Passport 235exp came with a neo-angle shower, but no doors. I found the doors on trekwood's parts site, though it will need to be shipped freight, and they will only estimate the costs.
http://www.trekwood.com/products/182833/Shower-Door-32-x-32-Niagara-Glass-Platinum

Does anyone have any ideas on where to get one of these out of say a parts camper, or a dealer in the New England area who won't give me the run-around? So far, DiamondRV in Hatfield has been very difficult to work with, and Lee's Ranch won't even call me back when I call to order a part.

Also, I am open to buying the doors elsewhere if I can find them, or a supplier/installer who may be able to make them? I was thinking of a glass place (make it in lexan or something), but wasn't sure..
Thanks!

Kevin

JRTJH
11-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Lowes or HD should be able to special order the enclosure for you. If you're wanting a specific "keystone inspired product" you should be able to find a dealership that will get one from the factory, have it shipped in the next trailer being delivered from the factory. That way, there's no shipping charge. If there's a Camping World near you, talk to the parts department there. They usually don't show any animosity toward customers who didn't buy their RV from that dealership....

Good Luck

KMH
11-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks for your quick reply! I had ordered a bunch of parts that way in to my local dealership, a bunch of additional cabinet doors and crossmembers (never know when I'll need them for a mod!). I was willing to wait as long as it took (6+ months, even), just as long as the shipping was included, as it was being brought in a trailer that was being shipped there. After 3 months, the dealer called to let me know that Keystone had shipped them UPS, and I owed another $100 in shipping charges, despite Keystone and the dealer agreeing no shipping and it send in a unit. I gave her the choice of working it out with Keystone, or owning 6 Raptor Apple Glaze colored cabinet doors and a bunch of crossmembers that they would never sell... I picked everything up the next day, but they told me they will never make this shipping agreement again, as if it was my fault that Keystone ignored the agreement that was written on the order (and confirmed). So, short story long, that's why I don't want to deal with that dealer again.

I'll check with some other dealers near me, and go from there. Shipping it in a unit really is the best way to do it, if Keystone and the dealer can work together on it.

hankaye
11-09-2014, 06:42 AM
KMH, Howdy;

When you said;
"I'll check with some other dealers near me, and go from there. Shipping it
in a unit really is the best way to do it, if Keystone and the dealer can work
together on it."
It sounds reasonable to the rest of us, but, we're not in the business of
trying to empty your bank accounts. That is their motivation, not to be
helpful. Sad but apparently the way it is.

hankaye

RikChar
11-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Try going to your local glass company that sells and installs shower doors. They can custom order a neo angle shower door to fit to size.
I work for a glass company and I have have sold and installed a couple of shower doors for customers who are staying at the local camp grounds.

jsmith948
11-10-2014, 06:05 AM
Did you ask to see the UPS delivery ticket? Call me a cynic, but, the dealer could have actually had the things you ordered shipped with another unit for 'free' and then attempted to charge you anyway? Nah, they wouldn't do that - would they?:D

KMH
11-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply, I did not see any notifications of any new responses!

I did see the UPS shipping labels on everything, yes. Had they not agreed, and confirmed with Keystone that it would be a "unit load" shipment, I wouldn't have been as mad as I was.. In the end, they decided to eat the shipping of $100 instead of the $200+ in cabinet doors that they'd probably never sell.

I have now contacted 4 separate dealers about Keystone parts, 2 of which never called me back, 1 of them is across the country and adds an exorbitant shipo cost to the order because Keystone won't quote them beforehand. I just wish Keystone would sell direct, because all of the dealers within 2 hours or me are zero help. The one that would respond to me said that they couldn't get the dimensions for the shower door, and Keystone probably wouldn't measure it for them if they asked. Seriously?!

RickChar: Thanks for the tip! I'll try that, and see what I can come up with. Do they also have the framing and/or hinges for it? I don't want glass, but i'd imagine they can do something out of plastic too?

Kevin

Bushman512000
11-26-2014, 01:42 AM
what a shower with no doors ?? that's odd never had a shower in a trailer with out doors some kind of Friday night built slip up call the maker of the trailer and ask them to send one ...They are safety glass also ...easy to install some glue and self tapping screws...Good luck:D

RikChar
11-26-2014, 05:15 PM
most manufactures sell the complete shower door system not just a door and the system has tempered safety glass not the plastic ( plexi-glass )panels.
After looking at the link that you have posted to Trekwood the price of $361.00 is a great price plus shipping if that includes all parts to complete the total enclosure( 2 panels plus the door) as the picture shows.The 32 x 32 is the measurements of the back walls not the actual door.
This is the same enclosure that came with my Cougar....Good luck