PDA

View Full Version : Camping in winter in a Outback 300bh

RGF911
02-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I am staying in it for work while I am working out of town in Ohio. Had problems with the running out of propane. So I got a 100lb tank seems to be working great. Had a couple really cold days last week, pipes froze and dump station is froze up to. I have a Pirit freash water hose. I think I might get some loose inso and put in my underbelly between the hoses and the plastic underbelly. Going to install heat trace on sewer lines that stick out and low point water flow hoses. What else could I do to keep from freezing up?

Festus2
02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
This topic has received much attention lately and numerous posts have been already been submitted which should provide you with some things you might do to keep your unit from "freezing up". Rather than having members resubmit what they have done and end up with duplicate or repetitive posts, you might want to use the search feature (see the blue bar at top of this page) of this forum and type in "freezing pipes" or "frozen pipes" you will find several posts about this topic and what steps others have taken to make their units functionable in this weather.

(see also posts in 5th Wheel category..... "What is the Arctic insulation package" - by Stephano on 05-11-2010. There are several posts in this thread that will give you some ideas)