PDA

View Full Version : Time to store Alpine

turbopilot51
11-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Today we got back from our last trip of the season. This week I will cleanup and winterize the Alpine for a long winter's nap. I will cover the rig to protect from the winters here in the NW. Come on spring! :(

Hometown
11-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Another sad day here also just parked our Cougar in the shed for her winter season, will try to squeeze in a couple of mods in over the winter. Thinking about spring and the trips planned for next spring summer months already.

turbopilot51
11-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Finished the winterizing today and gave the Alpine a good cleaning and wash. Tomorrow I take the rv to storage(no room at home sadly) and cover her up till the first trip in spring. Due to the mother-in-law being so sick this year we had very few trips we could be gone on. This year we hope to spend much more time enjoying our portable vacation home on the great Oregon coast!"bouncey:

bsmith0404
11-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Just winterized ours last week, but we are also moving in Dec and plan to stay in it while traveling cross country, just won't be using the plumbing/water. It's basically a big tent with electricity and heat now.

rhagfo
11-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Finished the winterizing today and gave the Alpine a good cleaning and wash. Tomorrow I take the rv to storage(no room at home sadly) and cover her up till the first trip in spring. Due to the mother-in-law being so sick this year we had very few trips we could be gone on. This year we hope to spend much more time enjoying our portable vacation home on the great Oregon coast!"bouncey:

That is really sad, hope your Mother-in-law is better. You do know that 90% of Oregon State parks on the coast are open year round.
We Plan on spending new years on the coast again this year. It was great down at South Beach last year.

turbopilot51
11-08-2014, 07:57 AM
That is really sad, hope your Mother-in-law is better. You do know that 90% of Oregon State parks on the coast are open year round.
We Plan on spending new years on the coast again this year. It was great down at South Beach last year.

Sadly the Mother-in passed away at he end of August. I cannot believe how much stuff there is to do after someone passes away! The wife has good days and some not so good. Thankfully the wife's mother had her funeral wishes prearranged and paid for. Something I would recommend for everyone.

rhagfo
11-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Sadly the Mother-in passed away at he end of August. I cannot believe how much stuff there is to do after someone passes away! The wife has good days and some not so good. Thankfully the wife's mother had her funeral wishes prearranged and paid for. Something I would recommend for everyone.

Sorry to hear, of your and DW loss.