PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Cougar 337FLS

larry337
11-02-2014, 11:38 AM
We just ordered a new Cougar 337FLS and now we're at home reviewing all the pictures. Something I missed seems to be the baggage door size. It looks to be smaller then most fivers. Can anyone verify this and do you have the measurements of the openings? It also looks like there is only one outlet in the Kitchen? Is there another one anywhere? For any current owners how do like it so far? :)

jddually
08-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Sorry that no one replied to your post. I don't get on the site all that often. I am sure you have already taken delivery of your unit by now and found the 2nd kitchen outlet is mounted on the underside of the upper cabinet just below the microwave.

So far we have enjoyed our 337FLS but there are little things that we miss in comparison to our Jayco that we replaced. We have the High Country model and it does look very nice, but little things like the brand of refrigerator used in this compared to our Jayco where we had temperature adjustments, message display screen and a more residential feel when opening the door rather than a 12v light just inside the door and no temperature settings. My other pet peeve with Cougar is the location of the 120 volt water heater power switch. I hate that it is located outside behind the water heater panel. Our Jayco had a light switch with a bright orange light inside the RV so you knew when it was powered up.

We do love the layout with the front living room. It is so nice especially if relaxing and visiting with a couple of friends, there is plenty of seating and it feels like a living room in a house. We did notice that the love seat on the street side does not touch the floor at the front feet. It is just held in place by a few angle brackets under the loveseat at the back and short wood screws. When 2 adults sit on the love seat it can pull out the brackets and allows the love seat to tip forward about 1/2" until the legs touch the floor. We are either going to install casters (like the L-couch has) or plastic slides on the bottoms of the love seat feet to give it better support.

Overall, a very nice rig that tows nicely and gives that feeling of a home on wheels.

Hope you have been enjoying yours!

larry337
08-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Sorry that no one replied to your post. I don't get on the site all that often. I am sure you have already taken delivery of your unit by now and found the 2nd kitchen outlet is mounted on the underside of the upper cabinet just below the microwave.

So far we have enjoyed our 337FLS but there are little things that we miss in comparison to our Jayco that we replaced. We have the High Country model and it does look very nice, but little things like the brand of refrigerator used in this compared to our Jayco where we had temperature adjustments, message display screen and a more residential feel when opening the door rather than a 12v light just inside the door and no temperature settings. My other pet peeve with Cougar is the location of the 120 volt water heater power switch. I hate that it is located outside behind the water heater panel. Our Jayco had a light switch with a bright orange light inside the RV so you knew when it was powered up.

We do love the layout with the front living room. It is so nice especially if relaxing and visiting with a couple of friends, there is plenty of seating and it feels like a living room in a house. We did notice that the love seat on the street side does not touch the floor at the front feet. It is just held in place by a few angle brackets under the loveseat at the back and short wood screws. When 2 adults sit on the love seat it can pull out the brackets and allows the love seat to tip forward about 1/2" until the legs touch the floor. We are either going to install casters (like the L-couch has) or plastic slides on the bottoms of the love seat feet to give it better support.

Overall, a very nice rig that tows nicely and gives that feeling of a home on wheels.

Hope you have been enjoying yours!

Yes we're all settled in and enjoying it. I had a couple minor issues that have been taken care of. As for the hot water tank, the outside switch on the unit itself is the main power but we also have a second switch inside the coach in the control panel so we dont have to go outside to turn the electric HW on and off. And we have the newer side by side fridge which does have the temp display. Overall I like the 337 and the front living layout but I do miss having a recliner. That's probably my biggest complaint. There is a lot that I like though, especially the auto level.