PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 3620FL

trackhead
10-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Might buy a 2014, but have a bunch of questions about this model.

Weight is listed at 12,500lbs dry. Anyone know what the real dry weight is?

Any idea what the R-value is in the walls, ceiling, floor?

Are the waste tank valves remote, or direct (I can't stand remote valves).

Thanks.

KanTC
10-31-2014, 08:41 PM
Manufacturer listed dry/shipping weights are for a standard build unit [i.e. with NO options/upgrades], therefore the
"actual" dry weight can vary based on the added weight of options/upgrades.

Most manufacturers don't weigh each RV (individually), but they do provide an averaged dry/shipping weight for
each model as built. Check the yellow sticker, located inside the RV door, of the actual unit you're considering.

The insulation info is listed pn pg 4 of the 2014 brochure...
http://www.keystonerv.com/media/835955/al_20pgbrochure_web.pdf

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

trackhead
10-31-2014, 08:49 PM
Thanks. I've owned a couple fifth wheels, and they always seem to weight about 800 or more than listed on factory websites. Just curious about this particular one.

Thanks for the brochure link.

Scttw
11-02-2014, 04:19 AM
Hey Track .....

I just purchased this trailer in June of this year .... you can see my welcome post with pictures here (http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19311)

I'm pretty sure the listed weight is almost 100% accurate, but since I'm not towing it was never that important to me.

I can likely answer ANY and ALL regular questions you have needless to say.

The tank pulls are direct. They are inside one of the back doors. This is a little room (lets call it) that has the 2 taps for the outside shower - it has all the bipass levers there for the city/inhouse water and the hot water bipass. There is also a light in there and a power outlet. Along with of course the 2 pulls for the tanks.

There are also 2 cable inputs here for TV.

To get the hous up and in there, there are 2 turn wheels in the floor that screw out and make a 5" hole access for the hose and cables for tv.

Warning >>> Make sure you cover these holes with duct tape or something when you water is hooked up - otherwise mice will use the hose as a convenient ladder and go inside. Once inside that room they can access the GIGANTIC storage area that is under the entire raised master bedroom. Also once in there they can access the furnace room and ALL WALLS of the trailer which lead to the attic. So it is VERY important NOT to let them in the storage areas. Can you tell that perhaps I had a small mouse problem this summer? I solved it before closing but it was a PITA.

The inside panel inside the trailer gives visibility to all levels including 2 grey tanks - black tank - fresh water tank and Battery life. The kitchen sink has it's own pull plunger directly under the trailer - if you keep it open it will continue to flow to the normal grey tank. It's just a holding tank for I don't know what purpose.

I can tell you all the places in this trailer you should do rodent prevention 101. But we'll leave that for further discussions. I can also tell you what warranty claims I have had done this year. My dealer has been awesome and taken care of everything.

Cheers,

Scott

trackhead
11-03-2014, 06:08 AM
Thanks, Scott.

Our current fifth wheel had a rodent issue that we were able to solve with traps , poison, and one bad week of a stinky mouse rotting somewhere. We also sealed up every conceivable orifice and opening, including floor vents with screens, etc.

Anyway, nice set up you have, thanks for the insight.