PDA

View Full Version : Slide out with out awnings

cheatham09
10-29-2014, 12:51 PM
We have a 3010re alpine without awnings over our slide outs, we plan on being in a seasonal site next yr.
would it hurt to let the slide outs, out all season with out awnings. I don't think it would hurt or do I need to retract the slides each weekend.

Michael and Landon
2015 Alpine 3010re
2012 dodge ram 3500 dually

GaryWT
10-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Many people that are seasonal leave the slides open and don't have awnings. Just clean them now and again and be sure they are good and clean at the end of the season. Do not put supports under them.

cheatham09
10-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Sounds like a plan Gary. Didn't know how the rubber seals would hold up.

Michael and Landon
2015 Alpine 3010re
2012 dodge ram 3500 dually

Luckybuck55
10-29-2014, 02:55 PM
I take my to the beach for 5 months I always put my slides in when I leave ,you never know when a lot of rain is coming and it could find away to leak water In the slide . My RV dealer said the only way to be sure it don't leak is to close it. Also if slides are out during a big wind storm it could act like wings on the RV I don't want a surprise when I return!

chuckster57
10-29-2014, 06:58 PM
FWIW my buddy lived in his Montana, slides out no toppers for 5 years. Trailer never moved, no issues... If it was me, I might put the slides in when I'm not there, just because, no reason.

I know, no help.

ocho
10-30-2014, 01:54 PM
The manual suggests bringing the slides in if not used for a prolonged time.
My guess is it would have more to do with the memory of the seals. They flip over depending on which way the slide is moved. If they stay too long in one position, they may be resistant to flipping over. Think of it like the wiper blades on a car or truck. They spend most of their time sitting in one position until you need them. If left long enough they will be resistant to flipping over. Hence you get a bad wipe one direction. Plus, it really doesn't take that long and it will keep the slides and the seals exercised and avoid leaks. Just keep the seals well lubed.