PDA

View Full Version : Laredo 294RK Motion Sensor Light

Texasjim
10-26-2014, 07:31 PM
I just purchased a 2014 Laredo 294RK, and the sales ad list a "Motion Sensor Light". Does anybody know what this is?
Thanks.

chuckster57
10-26-2014, 07:36 PM
If its the same as my '12 Copper Canyon it means the porch light has two "modes". It's controlled by the wall switch. Turn on and it's lit. Turn off and it's off. Turn on/off quickly and it's "armed" for motion detection. That's how it was explained to me anyway.

Fixjet
10-29-2014, 03:09 AM
As stated above. On/Off/On puts it in motion sensing mode. You should see a flashing blue led when in this mode. It will not do anything in this mode in the daylight, as it has a daylight sensor also. On my 2012 Laredo 294 rks it was wired in reverse polarity and would light up but not go into motion mode. Corrected that and it works fine.

Texasjim
11-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Fixit thank you for your advise, however I tried it and it didnt work. I do see the blue LED but that never came on. What exactly does the motion sensor do?

Fixjet
11-14-2014, 12:29 AM
When in motion detector mode (blue led flashing) it will light up at night only when it senses motion. Mine works fine once I swapped the polarity.

66joej
05-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Mine also does not have the blue flashing light on when switch is in motion mode. I have read the above posts and was trying to get it down from the ceiling. Don't want to break it what is the secret to detaching from the ceiling.
I have this fixture.

sourdough
05-04-2019, 01:42 PM
Joe,

This thread is from 2014. If you have no responses you may want to delete and start a new thread.

Danny

LHaven
05-04-2019, 02:01 PM
This isn't the Laredo outdoor motion sensing light, as everyone else was posting about. This is the standard interior motion sensing light on many Keystones in current production, which is (or is similar to) the Dream Lighting 916048CW. It has two ON modes. The one marked "I" is the manual on mode. The one marked "II" is motion sensing, and turns off automatically within a minute or so. I have one of these inside the entry door of my Cougar, and another in the cargo hatch.

Woops, sorry, the actual question was how to remove... this listing (https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-LED-Motion-Sensor-Light-RV-Boat-Yacht-Ceiling-Down-Light-Fixture-with-Switch-/252827599540) has detailed information about this unit. It looks like you pry out the inner face shield carefully, then there are two screws behind it.

66joej
05-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Thanks Danny PM sent.
Thanks lhaven will try that.
The fixture doesn't work in the II mode (motion sense).

LHaven
05-04-2019, 02:19 PM
The little faceted jewel is the sensor, so a wet rag is the first and cheapest repair attempt.

Your icon implies you travel with a dog. So do we, which is why our lamp stays in the off mode most of the time anyway. :)