PDA

View Full Version : Propane grill connection?

harvbud294
10-25-2014, 02:59 PM
I have a cougar 5th wheel 337fls looking for info on remote propane hook up

chuckster57
10-25-2014, 03:08 PM
What kind of info are you looking for?

GaryWT
10-25-2014, 04:15 PM
Are looking to see if you have one or if you can put one it?

therink
10-25-2014, 08:28 PM
As long as you have a propane line under the frame work, you can tap into it anywhere with a T and run a line to the outboard underside wherever you want to install a quick connect fitting for the remote grill hose. All parts including the hose are available at Lowes (where I bought my parts). You would need to have a grill that you can remove the regulator, as the rv propane system down stream from the tanks is already regulated (low pressure).

Bob Landry
10-26-2014, 04:44 AM
If the trailer came with any version of an outdoor kitchen, it's going to have a quick connect already installed.

C1v1leng
12-05-2014, 12:33 PM
My 333MKS has a stub for a gas grill connection. I was too cheep to buy the one at the dealer. What type of connector is it. Is it similar to the air chucks or is it a diferent size. Are those parts available at Lowes too?

Campy
12-05-2014, 01:07 PM
My 14 327RES came with a grill connector underneath but you had to lay in the dirt to reach it! Even then it was clamped so tight to the frame the slide-lock would not budge. I got an 18 inch piece of black pipe and extended it out to the edge of the camper, now it's within easy reach.

Desert185
12-05-2014, 10:35 PM
My 333MKS has a stub for a gas grill connection. I was too cheep to buy the one at the dealer. What type of connector is it. Is it similar to the air chucks or is it a diferent size. Are those parts available at Lowes too?

The connector looks the same as the pneumatic couplers, but propane couplers should be used or you will experience leaks. I couldn't find any propane couplers at my Lowes. Hoses with the correct propane couplers are available online at CW or Walmart, with some availability at your local RV parts outlet.