PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Sprinter 2009 311 BHS

Pash
10-20-2014, 07:41 PM
We are going to be looking at the Keystone sprinter 2009 311 BHS in a couple of days. Its a private sale. Just wondering if anyone has some pointers on what to look for. Its going to be parked in a holiday trailer park so towing isn't an issue. Thanks for any input!

JRTJH
10-20-2014, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the forum. We have a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) checklist located here: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5129

Print it out, read over it and take it with you when you go to look at the Sprinter. The checklist will guide you through all the systems and components so you are sure not to miss anything.

Good Luck with your new RV.

outwest
10-22-2014, 03:58 AM
One thing I learned the hard way once, thoroughly check all walls for dry rot. Once bought a used rig that had a large section of dry rot alongside and under a window, on rear end, hidden behind a recliner. It coulda been from leak around window or coulda been from leak on roof where end cap meets up with the body (I suspect the latter).

Pash
10-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Viewed the Keystone Sprinter today. Loved the floorplan! It is in great shape except....yup, dry rot in the outer corner of the bunk slide out. Had to pass on this one but hope to find another one soon. Thanks!

outwest
10-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Sorry to hear. It is repairable, but that does take time and money. If you're like most ppl, the biggest issue is the time and hassle for such a repair. Some manufacturers (dunno about Keystone, though) will, for a price, let you bring in a rig to the factory to fix such things but it's on their schedule and they may not have the wall covering to do an exact match for older units.

Think of this, though, it just means that there's a rig out there somewhere that you'll like even better :)

09Sprinter
10-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Good luck on the search. I just purchased the same year/model a couple months ago and we are extremely happy with it thus far.