PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Montana...with a Montana

catfish
02-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Howdy folks! My wife and I are RV virgins. We just purchased our first TT. We bought a 2007 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 30FKD bumper pull. We bought used, but the trailer is in amazing condition. We couldn't be more excited about new venture. We are not of retirement age, but my job will allow us to take many trips with our trailer and atv's. Yes, I know....ATV's....should have bought a toy hauler. We have very good reasons for not going with a toyhauler. instead we opted for a Marathon sled deck to haul the quads. I can give the reasons if someone wants to know.

Anyway, we are in love with our new camper even though its only been about 3 weeks and its never left the driveway. We weren't really size/weight limited much as we already own a 2010 Dodge 3500 crewcab laramie dually 4x4 cummins.

We have since purchased an Equal-I-Zer 1400/14000 hitch, and misc RV accessories.

I will post some picture tomorrow

Jim W
02-03-2011, 04:25 AM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your new camper and if you have any questions post them in the proper area.
Another forum you might like if you do not already know about it is this one. I and another member on this site are also members on Turbo Diesel Register. http://www.turbodieselregister.com/

Jim W.

antiqfreq
02-03-2011, 05:45 AM
Welcome to the forum Catfish!

We hope, soon, you get a weather break and get out there and do some camping.

(We love Montana....we went through the state in July.....awesome!)

Hope you enjoy your camper and enjoy this great forum.....

Jo
:D

catfish
02-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your new camper and if you have any questions post them in the proper area.
Another forum you might like if you do not already know about it is this one. I and another member on this site are also members on Turbo Diesel Register. http://www.turbodieselregister.com/

Jim W.

Thanks for the welcome Jim. I am a member of many diesel forums. I had my '06 Megacab rolling pretty good. The 2010 is stock thus far and handles everything I throw at it.

catfish
02-03-2011, 05:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Catfish!

We hope, soon, you get a weather break and get out there and do some camping.

(We love Montana....we went through the state in July.....awesome!)

Hope you enjoy your camper and enjoy this great forum.....

Jo
:D

Thanks Jo!

Derrick

toml-nm
02-13-2011, 08:42 PM
I know that you will enjoy this... when the weather warms up. We have friends in the Belgrade area, hope to visit them this year. Enjoy your new unit.

Courtland
02-14-2011, 12:08 PM
.....take many trips with our trailer and atv's. Yes, I know....ATV's....should have bought a toy hauler. .....

I bet you know some great places to ride up in Montana, I will need to get some info from you on those places. I plan to be up in that area this summer (I am taking the dirtbikes and Jeep) for a week or two if all my plans come together. :D