PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 300MP

ronyarb39
10-12-2014, 11:58 AM
I bought a new 300MP and it seems the trailer brakes don't stop it as well as I think they should. My truck gain is on 10 and it slows it but does not stop even at slow speeds. Is this normal I seem to be getting the run around from CW.

jrp
10-12-2014, 03:13 PM
not knowing how experienced you are with trailer brakes, my comments are:
1) you may be expecting too much or you may not be increasing the pressure you put on the truck brake pedal, required to stop the additional load. using the auto proportional brake controller, it should only help to slow the rig down, not drag it and your truck to a stop. If you want the trailer brakes to occasionally do the majority of the stopping(instead of the truck brakes), then manually pinch the brake controller tabs together (slowly).
2) did you adjust the brakes? even brand new electric trailer brakes may require adjustment, especially if you want them extra tight

chuckster57
10-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Without a bit more information, it's hard to say if your trailer brakes are working correct.

What is your tow vehicle? Does it have an integrated brake control, or an aftermarket controller? If aftermarket, which one? What year is the trailer? The more information you can provide, the better equipped we are to give you a meaningful answer.

skdooman2004
10-12-2014, 04:30 PM
I don't suppose your tow vehicle is a new Ram is it? my 2013 doesn't seem to stop my 300mp the way I thought it should

ronyarb39
10-13-2014, 01:55 AM
My truck is a 2014 F350 with integrated controller and camper is a 2015 300MP. I've had cargo trailers that would lock the brakes up but it was a lot smaller. I don't want to burn up the brakes on my truck prematurely.

rnkburg
10-15-2014, 05:54 PM
That is how the integrated controller works. The more you need the brakes the more it applies even if it's on 10. I have one in my f150 and it works like that on the small trailers i tow. It takes some getting used to but If you squeeze the manual control together you will see they are working well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firemenfred
10-27-2014, 08:15 AM
i have a 05 F350 and was told that the integrated systems are a little week and some people put aftermarket systems in to get better results. i just picked up a '11 300mp and i just have the ford unit. this is a lot heaver then my last trailer so i will see.

PARAPTOR
10-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Given my configuration as defined in my sig I have had zero issues/concerns using the built in controller, Still original brakes on both after about 9K miles towing over various terrain. PA has a mandatory annual inspection on both. These are heavy rigs, hopefully this will not stir up non Chevy members :eek:

T11ravis
11-19-2014, 06:35 PM
The brakes on my Raptor are waaay better than my old 24' bumper pull. I'd check the controller manually to start with.