PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing and covering air conditioner

zuley
10-11-2014, 12:33 PM
I did a search and could not come up with the info I was looking for. I know it has been addressed so excuse me please for asking again. What is the general consensous on covering an air conditioner for the winter? I covered mine last year and am considering leaving it uncovered this year. I'm leary of getting on top of the camper to do so. We live in Ontario Canada and generally by February will have 18 inches of snow on the ground. Thanks.

MadMax
10-11-2014, 03:06 PM
I did a search and could not come up with the info I was looking for. I know it has been addressed so excuse me please for asking again. What is the general consensous on covering an air conditioner for the winter? I covered mine last year and am considering leaving it uncovered this year. I'm leary of getting on top of the camper to do so. We live in Ontario Canada and generally by February will have 18 inches of snow on the ground. Thanks.

Zuley,
I asked the RV dealers what they do to protect their products in the lots over winter and they said "just leave them out there and when the snow gets too deep on top, use a bristle brush to take off the heavy. Don't go too deep."
I just finished winterizing the inside of my rig and am ready for winter. We also get quite a lot of snow here in the central interior of BC.

poncho62
10-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi Zuley...I live just a bit north of you. I cover the top of my trailer, makes it easier to pull the snow/ice off it with a roof rake.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_147574_0_bbd3d1a5fe45c681d9365daea0d254bf.jpg