PDA

View Full Version : Storage Options?

Flabbytax
10-10-2014, 09:31 AM
When I do purchase my new TH I will need some kind of storage option. I will NOT be using a cover as I've seen and heard they do more harm then good. I also will be living in it full time so I won't be storing it somewhere. I want to build a structure over the rig, similar to a car port but only with a roof and open sides. Anyone done this? I don't want the roof exposed to the elements any more then I need to. I'm thinking just a pitched metal roof a few feet taller than the rig itself so that I can still get up there and check on things/maintenance. Any advice would be great!

Way Of Life
11-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Don't know what length you are thinking but here is a link to a seller on ebay. Be sure to check out their ebay store as they have several lengths available.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/111176103884?nav=SEARCH

GaryWT
11-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Ok, I think my brain stopped working reading this but if you search RV structures or the like you will find companies that make kits just for what you are looking for. I think you can get metal or fiberglass roofs. Good luck. Someday I might like to do this in the yard to park under but for now I just leave it in the yard uncovered.

wahoonc
11-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Don't know where you are, but around here in NC there are carport companies all over the place. FWIW IF you can build your own you might come out a few dollars ahead of the metal ones.

Aaron:cool:

notanlines
11-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Flabby, Brenda and I just got done converting our 40 foot boat storage unit to a 40 foot 5th wheel storage unit. We had a steel company cut us 20 6 foot pieces of tube steel and we cut and jacked and bolted and here it is. The original was done by one of the aforementioned carport companies.

abneynormal
12-01-2014, 03:46 AM
carports do save the roof from the sun but if you are going to keep it a rv is like a boat. the more you keep it out of the sun the longer it stays new. the tube steel buildings come in all configurations the one I live in is a 40 x 70. 25 x 70 is the bay area the other 15 x 70 has living quarters for my dad