PDA

View Full Version : New members from Orlando Florida

kodiaksgirl
10-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Hi everyone,

After our last KZ TT got totalled out by the insurance company we are moving into the realm of 5th wheel owners. We are signing the paperwork on a "new to us" 2009 Cougar 320SRX this weekend. I have had all the campers in the past from popups to class C's and A's and afore mentioned TT but have no experience with a 5th wheel. Have to admit we are a little apprehensive but crazy excited!!! Any advice from fellow 5rs would be welcome.

We are also looking to mod our truck to achieve better fuel mileage but still researching all of that. So any Ram diesel owners out there please advise away :)

I will probably be doing alot of lurking in the months to come as I learn more about the fifth wheel :D We can't wait to spend our first night in the Cougar! If all goes as planned tomorrow we will be "camping" in the dealer parking lot tomorrow night!

Festus2
10-10-2014, 09:32 AM
:wlcm: to the forum and hope your first "camping trip" goes well. If you have any specific questions about 5th wheels or about RVing in general, just find the most appropriate category on the forum and ask there.

Jim & DJ
10-10-2014, 10:44 AM
AGAIN, :wlcm:

Many great poeple on here. Enjoy

A bit of our history:
DW from Florida
DH from So. Cal.
Michelin LT XPS
68 Harley FLH in a basket so to speak
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite (gone)
2007 Mountaineer TT 1st new one(gone)
2009 Montana F3465SA(Traded)
2015 Montana 3402RL :)
2007 F-350 4 X 4 6.0 D
2012 Shih Tzu (The boss)

hankpage
10-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Welcome. Depending what rear you have you should get decent mileage stock. Personally, I would not make any engine mods until 5/100,000 warranty is over. If you are looking for more info on your truck try TDR forum (http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forum.php) you do not have to join to read posts.
You can also ask questions here in our "Towing" section. I am sure you will find many members with similar rigs that are eager to share info. JM2¢, Hank

kellydog98
10-10-2014, 12:15 PM
We really love our 5'ver also. Just get out and 'do it'! It will tow with easy and backing it in will suprise you as well. Can't think of one reason we would go back to a bumper hitch. Happy Pulling!"bouncey: