PDA

View Full Version : Where are the manual slide controls?

sarahm
10-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi just bought montana. I need to manually extend my slides. Where would the controls be?

dhn
10-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the forum. There are videos on youtube that show you how to access and operate the slides manually.

GaryWT
10-09-2014, 01:57 PM
That does not sound good that you have to do that already.

sarahm
10-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Video isn't very spec. Gives 5 different locations for slides. Hoping for better guide to location. Bought Montana at auction has some problems.

Desert185
10-10-2014, 03:56 AM
I Googled "montana manual slide operation" and received a number of hits. Surely, one of them would help?

JRTJH
10-10-2014, 07:17 AM
The Montana 3700RL was produced in 2011, 2012, and 2013. It has three slides, only two of which are located on the main frame and a "super slide" located on the raised portion of the coach. Depending on which slide you're having problems with, the manual controls would be located in a different location as well as have different procedures to extend/retract the slide.

Please provide more specific information about what you're trying to do and with which slide. If you provide pictures, it would be a tremendous help to members who may want to offer advice, but don't know which slide or which mechanism you've got problems operating.

During the years of production, there's a very good chance that Keystone changed the design of a slide or even redesigned the way the system works, so what works on a 2011 model may not even be present on a 2012 model.

More information from you on what you've got and what you need would help tremendously.

sarahm
10-10-2014, 01:36 PM
My Montana is 08. It has water damage. I need to extend out the slides so I can remove the damaged floorboards, and moldy furniture.

Festus2
10-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Please provide more specific information about what you're trying to do and with which slide. If you provide pictures, it would be a tremendous help to members who may want to offer advice, but don't know which slide or which mechanism you've got problems operating.
More information from you on what you've got and what you need would help tremendously.

Thanks for providing us with some information but ---

As JRTJH suggested, in order for us to help you better, let us know :
1) which slide or slides you are having problems with?
2) what type of slide mechanism is it? electric or hydraulic?

Brewkiller
10-25-2014, 01:00 PM
I do not have an answer, but rather a question in the same vein. Recently bought a Cougar 2011 24RKS, with 1 slide. I want to know how to retract it just in case. There was only a photocopied page in the trailer - no manual or model #, and no crank. No help on the Lippert Components web site, and the Keystone YouTube video shows a number of possibilities. Here is a picture of the underside of the slide showing what I think may be the pin for retracting it. Can somebody confirm that this is the spot, and if so is there a socket sold that I and use a ratchet on? Thanks!

chuckster57
10-25-2014, 02:50 PM
I do not have an answer, but rather a question in the same vein. Recently bought a Cougar 2011 24RKS, with 1 slide. I want to know how to retract it just in case. There was only a photocopied page in the trailer - no manual or model #, and no crank. No help on the Lippert Components web site, and the Keystone YouTube video shows a number of possibilities. Here is a picture of the underside of the slide showing what I think may be the pin for retracting it. Can somebody confirm that this is the spot, and if so is there a socket sold that I and use a ratchet on? Thanks!

That's not the pin you remove to retract the slide. You need to find the electric motor at the other end of that square tube. Make sure the electricity is disconnected from the motor when you move it manually, most likely there is a rod with a square end that you can use a Ratchet or crescent wrench on.

Brewkiller
10-25-2014, 06:29 PM
I was kind of afraid of that. I would have to cut a flap in the coroplast on the other side and hope that I get the position of it right. Hopefully then I can use a portable drill?

chuckster57
10-25-2014, 06:42 PM
The most common installation of coroplast is with self tapping 3/8" hex head screws. Just undo as many as you need to peek into the underbelly.