PDA

View Full Version : Gear box for slide out

Richard green
10-04-2014, 10:08 AM
we have a 2014 Big Sky model 3725RL. Our gear box doesn't put our big slide out out. We are looking for help in purchasing a new gear box R251076. Any idea where we can purchase it.

hankpage
10-04-2014, 10:49 AM
we have a 2014 Big Sky model 3725RL. Our gear box doesn't put our big slide out out. We are looking for help in purchasing a new gear box R251076. Any idea where we can purchase it.

I thought the Big Sky models had hydraulic slides .... if they do it just may be a matter valves or low on fluid. Although I have been wrong before, Hank ........................... From Keystone website: Half turn hydraulic selector valves for individual slide-out control

JRTJH
10-04-2014, 10:57 AM

I'm not sure if the Big Sky models changed over the past couple of years from hydraulic to electric slides or not. A lot of the newer models are getting away from hydraulics and going back to electric slides.

As for finding a replacement gearbox, you might want to double check with LCI (Lippert) as there may be a chance that they have an extended warranty past the Keystone 1 year coach warranty. Many of the components are covered by the manufacturer for a period of time that exceeds what Keystone covers. With your trailer being a 2014 model, you may find a pleasant surprise from LCI.... I'd surely check before spending the $500+ for a new motor/gear assembly.

jsmith948
10-04-2014, 02:27 PM
Can you provide a little more detail? We have the rack & pinion style gear driven electric slides. on one occasion, the LR slide would not extend. The motor would engage, but it would just "ratchet". It turned out that the "bell stop" needed adjustment. Loosened the bell stop a little (1/2 turn) and the slide would then extend. If your slide is of the electric gear drive variety, you might check this out.