PDA

View Full Version : Interior "stickers" peeling up from cabnetry

Buster
01-30-2011, 02:17 PM
We have an Outback Sydney edition (w/ the white interior). This vinyl covering, which I am calling stickers, are lifting and peeling throughout. Keystone won't help or give any suggestions. Not sure if I should use some type of glue, or adhesive, maybe what is used for wallpaper? Very disapppointed, as we purchased the rig for the white interior.

Outbackmel
01-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Sorry to hear your issue. We have white interior but no delamination or peeling. What year is your outfit? Hopefully someone here has an answer.
Will be watching discussion. Have RV World of GA down the street. I will go there Monday and see what they say and post what I find out.

hankpage
01-30-2011, 07:28 PM
If by "stickers " you mean the border that runs around the walls in the trailer ....... it is a type of wallpaper and wallpaper paste will repair it. You can also use a glue stick. Any excess will wipe off with a damp sponge before the glue dries. JM2¢, Hank

therink
01-31-2011, 08:11 PM
I think he is talking about the white paper finish on the cabinets themselves. I also have a Sydney with same cabinets. I have read posts on outbackers about this. I don't believe I gave had this problem yet, but then again I haven't been in my rig in a couple of months. My warranty is up in March. I better brave the cold and take a look. I have read it has something to do with extreme temp swings.

Buster
01-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear your issue. We have white interior but no delamination or peeling. What year is your outfit? Hopefully someone here has an answer.
Will be watching discussion. Have RV World of GA down the street. I will go there Monday and see what they say and post what I find out.

Thanks. It is a 2007.

Buster
01-31-2011, 09:38 PM
I think he is talking about the white paper finish on the cabinets themselves. I also have a Sydney with same cabinets. I have read posts on outbackers about this. I don't believe I gave had this problem yet, but then again I haven't been in my rig in a couple of months. My warranty is up in March. I better brave the cold and take a look. I have read it has something to do with extreme temp swings.

Yes, it is the white paper finish on the cabinets (looks like particle board underneath).

campingcpl
02-01-2011, 07:52 AM
That stuff usually has a glue type backing on it. You might want to try using an iron with a towel and heat it up while pressing it back to the wood. Just don't put to much heat to it because it will melt the vinyl. If this doesn't work try a little spray adhesive. Hope this helps. Good luck!