PDA

View Full Version : water running out of belly pan

Ayotte
09-30-2014, 04:40 AM
Have cougar xlite 26SAB Black tank filled up on us for the first time since we have had the camper. Went out to drain it and water was coming out of the belly pan. Do you suppose someone forgot to tighten conection on tank to toilet or tank to vent?

chuckster57
09-30-2014, 05:34 AM
Yuck!! First thing is to identify (if you can) if it's "nasty" water or clean water. If it is nasty water then yes it could be a failed or poorly installed fitting.
Finding the source isn't hard but at the same time not that easy. You'll need to lower the belly pan and then using a flashlight, start inspecting. You can fill the tank with fresh water and watch for any water running off the top of the tank. If that happens, post back and we'll see if we can walk you through a repair.

Rex1vt
09-30-2014, 09:10 AM
2014 Cougar 327 RES currently@ dealer waiting for new black tank due to crack in original, it was in service approximately 45 days.The tank may have been bad from day one,but showed up first time tank reached capacity.

SAABDOCTOR
09-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Yea for warranty!:d:d

Ayotte
09-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Yes it is nasty water. Won't be doing anything with it for a while-camping season over and have winterized the camper. Will check in the spring. Has to be fitting on top of tank as it has never leaked before. Only started to leak when the water started to sit in the pipe coming up to the toilet. Thanks for your input.

chuckster57
09-30-2014, 12:20 PM
If it's under warranty, I wouldn't wait.

Rex1vt
09-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Sorry I was not clear.The crack in my tank was in the top of the tank,so maybe yours is pipe related or maybe not.

therink
09-30-2014, 01:04 PM
How old is the Xilite? Are you under warranty? If so call the dealer now. If not then, for sure drop the coroplast belly and check it out. I strongly recommend filling and emptying the tank or flushing it at least 10 times with flusher if you have one.
I have had to replace my black tank valve so I know. Less poo is better, trust me. :D

Ayotte
09-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Its a 2012 which was purchased in June 2011 So no more warranty.

Ayotte
09-30-2014, 01:33 PM
That's why the tank was so full. I was using lots of water down the toilet as it was our last time out and I wanted to clean the tanks real good. Never had a problem with it before but the tank has never been full. After I drained the tanks I let the black tank flush run for about 30 minutes, water was clear coming out. So I should have it fairly clean. Let it set for the winter and tackle it in the spring.

Yosemitebob
09-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Let it set for the winter and tackle it in the spring.

That's all good unless you need a new tank, you could lose part of next season outings.

Poppy's 5th Wheel
10-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Man Oh Man, what in the sam hill is going on around here? including my thread in August, I've seen at least 3 or 4 other black tanks leaking on here in just the last couple months! I believe mine was a manufacturer's defect and also high in the tank and only became a problem when the tank, which is also never full, was tilted (well the trailer was tilted) so far forward that sewer water came out. Mine was likewise out of warranty so I did the work myself.

Be aware that you can order new tanks (some models at least) through Amazon.com. I found my exact model for over $100 less than going through the OEM supplier and since I am a Prime Member, I paid no shipping.

Just so you can bookmark it, here's the link to my r and r of the tank so you can get an idea of what's under there even though your layout will probably be different it should give you a good idea.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/blown96ws6/slideshow/Trailer%20underbelly%20holding%20tank%20repair?sor t=2

mytoilet
10-02-2014, 09:57 AM
I think we in UK our toilets are very different from the guys in America as the spares we sell at www.mytoiletspares.co.uk are different from whats on other American toilet spares site