PDA

View Full Version : 6-Point Leveling System

Flabbytax
09-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Anyone have the 6 pt leveling system? All of the units I am looking at have this. Does it work well? Any issues?

BeaverRZR
09-29-2014, 03:49 PM
I was skeptical at first as its just one more thing to break but........Its one of my favorite things about the trailer now. So easy to use and levels itself in no time. dont know how i ever lived without it.

no problems with mine as of yet

keef95
09-29-2014, 04:19 PM
I've never been around it until I bought a used Raptor a month ago... I love auto level!!

05hd350
09-29-2014, 05:05 PM
I love ours, I did have a leak (loose fitting) I had to fix. Sadly it was in the underbelly but I fixed it without issues. I do have a fitting that is leaking ever so slightly at the control valve. Other wise I absolutely love it ! Wouldn't want to be without it after having it.

Ron
09-29-2014, 07:40 PM
I'm like the rest, we love ours, would not be without it...

matandjen
09-30-2014, 04:45 AM
One of the greatest features in my opinion. Absolutely love how it makes setting up so easy.

Flabbytax
09-30-2014, 06:12 AM
One of the greatest features in my opinion. Absolutely love how it makes setting up so easy.

hey how does the EZ-GO fit in the back of your fuzion? I've heard people saying they put a crease in their door with a motorcycle by riding it up the middle. How does the door handle the weight?

Flabbytax
09-30-2014, 06:13 AM
I haven't heard to many issues with this system so I feel better hearing it from people that they like it!

matandjen
09-30-2014, 07:06 AM
hey how does the EZ-GO fit in the back of your fuzion? I've heard people saying they put a crease in their door with a motorcycle by riding it up the middle. How does the door handle the weight?

We have had no issues with the door. We have put the cart in a dozen times so far and we are keeping an eye on the door integrity.

Major issue is the height of the cart since it has a lift kit. We are going to purchase a kit to be able to lower the roof.

Flabbytax
09-30-2014, 09:07 AM
We have had no issues with the door. We have put the cart in a dozen times so far and we are keeping an eye on the door integrity.

Major issue is the height of the cart since it has a lift kit. We are going to purchase a kit to be able to lower the roof.

Sounds like I will be in the same boat! I wonder if it would be too much trouble to just take the roof off? I don't have much experience with golf carts but have used a lifted one before and loved it. I wont be taking it all over but if I did I would need one of those kits or just take the roof off if it isn't a hassle.

matandjen
09-30-2014, 11:25 AM
That is what we have done. We then strap it next to the cart and have had no issues.

hoffbrew
10-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Leveling system is awesome, On our last trip I noticed the system is not leveling 100%, a tad off, shower door is wanting to close when getting out and feels a little off when sober!!. Looks like I need to re-calibrate?? But not a 100% sure on how to do this. Hopefully mess with it over the weekend. If anyone does know how to calibrate... please do tell.

matandjen
10-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Had this saved from another site.

Have a 6 point and found this in my hand book.
Had to set mine up was way off the bed room door would not stay open

ZERO SETTING THE CONTROL
1. Turn “ON/OFF” button “OFF”
2. Push “FRONT” button 10 times,
3. Push “REAR” button 10 times
4. Control will flash and beep, LCD says “ZERO POINT CALIBRATE”
5.To memorize this level condition , press “ENTER”
6. LCD says “ZERO POINT STABILITY SUCCESSFULLY SET
7. The control will then turn off.
8. Turn “ON/OFF” on to commence operation

Or look here. http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners_Manuals/Leveling/om-level-up-automatic-leveling.pdf on page 3

jim09s
10-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Love the leveling system. Even used it to change a flat tire. Be aware that when manually operating it you have to bring up one side and then the other back and forth a bit at a time to where you want it. Otherwise it will only go so far up and error out due to the angle being too steep on one side.

Cnc_hemi
10-06-2014, 06:12 PM
I have a rxv ez-go. And have never had an issue. Loads great. Ramp it tough and strong. Like any thing don't abuse it. Also we have the 6 point level system and love it. No issues yet. 2013 fuzion 310

LSU TIGER FAN
2013 FUZION 310
2012 GMC 2500 HD SIERRA DURAMAX 6.6L

wbatto
10-08-2014, 03:10 AM
We have the 6 point Level up system and really like it. The ony problem I have had is when it was new it wouldn't go back to truck height. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the board in the control system. when I got it back it was off level and I had to rezero it. One thing I have noticed is if it is hot in the day time and cold at night the jacks move in the night and you hear a cracking noise. I think this is from contraction of the oil due to temp.

Platinum 6.7
10-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Love the 6 pt system! It's the only way to go now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbecky
10-08-2014, 04:15 PM
The popping sound is caused by a stiction issue in the hydraulic system. We had the same issue, and used a quart of the CAT Oil Additive, but the fork oils work the same. Our system does not pop anymore since adding the fluid, and this is over 1 1/2 years now. Per Lippert's Lipsheet 0295, the following is copied:

Introduction:
If there is a popping noise in a Lippert Leveling system, Lippert has approved adding a quart of anti-stiction
fluid. Approved fluids are listed by brand name and fluid characteristics below:
1. Torco RFF Grade 15 (Fig. 1)
2. Maxima Fork Oil Grade 15 (Fig. 2)
3. Caterpillar Hydraulic Oil Additive 1U-9891 (Fig. 3)
For maximum results in the shortest amount of time, please follow the preparation and procedure exactly
as written below. Failure to follow the preparation and procedure may result in delayed resolution of the
audible disturbance.
Preparation:
1. Obtain a clean container (large enough to hold a quart of fluid)
2. Obtain a fluid extraction device (siphon, turkey baster, etc.)
3. Fully retract all hydraulic cylinders and jacks.
Process:
1. Using the fluid extraction device, remove one quart of fluid from the power unit reservoir.
2. Add 1/2 quart of the specified fluid.
3. Extend all hydraulic cylinders and jacks fully.
4. Add the remaining amount of the specified fluid.
5. Fully retract all hydraulic cylinders and jacks.
6. Run the Auto-Level feature on the Level-Up system per the instructions found in the Owner's Manual.
NOTE: If the noise persists, the addition of a second quart may be necessary. Follow steps 1 through 6.

wbatto
10-09-2014, 04:22 AM
Thanks,

I didn't realize there was an issue with the system. I will follow the instructions you posted. I really appreciate knowing this and you taking the time too add the memo to the post.

WBATTO

msp2jxr
10-09-2014, 10:41 AM
I have the leveling system also and love it. With that said I can't get it to go back to my truck height either. I was wondering if it was becuase I always run the landing gear down a few inches first before I pull the pins on the legs so if the nose of the trailer needs to go lower it can. I wondered if that was messing it up.

gilpinbrewer
10-09-2014, 12:24 PM
I have the leveling system also and love it. With that said I can't get it to go back to my truck height either. I was wondering if it was becuase I always run the landing gear down a few inches first before I pull the pins on the legs so if the nose of the trailer needs to go lower it can. I wondered if that was messing it up.

I haven't been able to get mine to work either. I read somewhere it only works if the front of the 5er is lower than the truck height at level. So it means it will only raise it to truck level, not lower it to truck level. I gave up on it. Every time I try it it says something like, feature not enabled or something along those lines.

Flabbytax
10-09-2014, 07:49 PM
thank you for all of this info! I feel more secure choosing one with this system now!

Cnc_hemi
03-02-2015, 07:54 AM
Yes mine has issues getting the truck height to work. I think it's only done it once since I got the unit. Don't know how or what I did different that day. But I do try it every time.

LSU TIGER FAN
2013 FUZION 310
2012 GMC 2500 HD SIERRA DURAMAX 6.6L

raineman
03-02-2015, 08:06 AM
Huge fan of the 6 point auto level. Can't imagine the frustration of having my gal and I try to do it manually.

pmcmath
03-13-2015, 06:46 AM
Auto level is sweet. Happy wife....happy life and a level camper keeps her happy. We have had a many discussions when setting up our old travel trailer that led to a quick 6 pack of beer gone on my behalf LOL.

keef95
04-05-2015, 06:43 PM
A couple of observations from new 5th wheel owner... I found mine wasn't calibrated to level as it had the appearance of leaning a tick so I zeroed it. Also, I've started to use manual mode if the ground clearly is uneven. My system would sometimes pick up the side requiring the least amount of stroke first. Then when it tried to pick up the other side it would run out of stroke on the jacks. If I level from the side it's listing to then put enough weight on the other jacks to firm it up, I'm fine.

rbev2308
04-06-2015, 03:00 AM
Two things I discovered...One, dealers are not aware of exactly how this system works for the most part and doing research, you can find much of the info on how to troubleshoot this system..my personal example is my Alpine would not auto level at all and every attempt the dealer did made it worse

1) Dealers are not aware how to properly zero calibrate the system once obtaining complete level manually

2) Dealers are not aware of how to reset the rear sensor. Heck my dealer and two other dealers I asked after the fact, thought the rear sensor was in the control board up front when in fact it is behind the rear axle on the frame and of course not visible

3) you cannot simply swap a control board from another unit as it was calibrated based on the weights and slides of the other unit which is why when this was attempted with mine, it nearly turned into a transformer and turned over. There are steps in place to do this..

My own research and with assistance from Lippert, resolved all of this.

It is an awesome feature to have but highly recommend having that manual and simply understand how it all works.