PDA

View Full Version : Cougar XLite Bathroom Fan

GmaPaTime
09-25-2014, 05:11 PM
For those that have a newer Xlite 5er, do you find that the bathroom fan is sufficient in both air movement and removing moisture from taking a shower? This has been a concern of mine since we selected our model and have yet to receive it. Are we looking at replacing this unit sooner than later?(tx)

JRTJH
09-25-2014, 05:22 PM
The first two mods I did on my XLite were to replace the bathroom fan with a Fantastic 4000 and change out all the bulbs for LED's. The little fan that comes standard just doesn't move much air. I don't think (everyone has an opinion) that it moves enough air. We dry camp quite a bit and we needed more ventilation anyway, so doing the bathroom fan was more practical for us. OIf you don't dry camp much, and use the A/C, then you may find that showers and using the toilet don't put a big demand on the exhaust fan, but without the A/C, for us it was a "must have" to change out the fan.

When are you planning to pick up your XLite?

bg71361
09-25-2014, 05:25 PM
I replaced mine with the MaxxFan Deluxe with remote, it will suck the hair off your head on high! It will actually pull air through out the entire trailer with the windows open, I like it.

GmaPaTime
09-25-2014, 05:51 PM
John.. Thanks for confirming my belief that that little thing can't possibly move much air. What made you go with the Fantastic vs a Maxxair fan? I think I have my first mod on the list. These newer ones now come with the LED lighting, so that's taken care of. I already have vent covers to put on it and tires will come next year before we hit the road hard.
We just got word today that our unit is scheduled to be off the line 2 October and should have it about 7 days after. Not a whole lot of the season remaining, but we'll get a few times I'm sure locally.

JRTJH
09-25-2014, 06:05 PM
I bought the Fantastic 4000 for the Springdale. I've had this brand in previous RV's and always had good luck with them. I got it on sale for $99, so it was hard to say no LOL I've no experience with Maxxair so I can't say anything good or bad about them. I simply don't know.

As for other mods, if you have your RV "nearby" during the off season, you might want to consider a step modification going to the upstairs. That "single step" gets to be a "killer" on the knees after any extended living in the RV. We were "good to go" all the time we were using it for a few days at a time, but when we went to Galveston last winter, by the second week we were planning our bathroom breaks so we didn't have to climb that step any more than necessary.

I'm sure you're going to enjoy the XLite, we have nothing but good to say about ours.

chuckster57
09-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Those little "fart" fans are a joke IMO. I've leaving mine there but opting instead to use my max air I installed up in the bedroom. Plan is to add another at the rear of the trailer to really move some air.