PDA

View Full Version : BunkHouse Mod - Storage behind ladder

Richard6959
09-25-2014, 05:51 AM
We will be full timing for several months so as we prepared our new Laredo 320 TG TT we are using every available space to stuff the stuff. I was looking at the storage under the top bunk on the same side as the outdoor kitchen and realized that there must be some dead space behind the ladder. So I unscrewed the 110 outlet plug from the T.V. area and looked behind the ladder. What I found was about 10 inches of dead space between the ladder and the wall where the outdoor kitchen is. The good news is that it was finished space with flooring and wall coverings.

Just wasted space sitting there, so I knocked out the paneling and you can see what we have left.

Richard6959
09-25-2014, 05:52 AM
Sorry, the picture didn't rotate and I have not figured out how to insert directly into the message.

johnm
09-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Ya know ... my rv is very similar in the back as yours. I looked at it tonight and I think I have the same space behind the ladder as well. I also think I have a giant space between the drawers and the large cabinet thing (remember, mines a little bit different than yours). Hmmm ... what to do 1st. I suppose I should ask the dw.

Richard6959
09-26-2014, 01:02 AM
JohnM, taking out the panel behind the ladder was quick and easy. I removed the ladder and the screws holding the ladder trim that is attached to the bunk. Then I just started hitting the panel in the corner until the staples pulled free and then worked my way around.

I also believe there may be space behind the drawers. Just not sure how usable it would be. Perhaps when pulling a drawer out you could shove something behind it.