PDA

View Full Version : Outside kitchen door buckling

johnm
09-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Hey all,

We have a 2014 Keystone Laredo 291TG with the large door outside kitchen. The door has a long piano hinge on the top (like most doors) and 2 gas struts that hold it open. The strut brackets that attach to the door are causing the door to buckle. You can see it from the inside when the door is open and outside when the door is closed. It looks like the bracket just isn't long enough to spread the load (weight of the door) and the door is really just a foam core with no internal supporting members.

The dealer has confirmed that the others on the lot are doing the same thing and is "supposed" to look into it but we all know how fast that works.

Has anyone else seen this? Any repair ideas that look good? I want to get it fixed before the door folds and needs to be replaced under warranty ... I don't want to fight that battle.

Thanks,
John

grayghost03
09-24-2014, 04:27 PM
If its still under warranty, I would suggest asking the dealer if he can replace your brackets with larger units, if not under warranty, if you are handy enough, build them, or have someone build them, before it gets to bad. I also have the same big door on outdoor kitchen, so I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up.

therink
09-25-2014, 03:07 AM
I had a similar issue with mine and the entire door/frame assembly was replaced under warranty. I actually picked up the assembly myself and installed it myself.