PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Florida

antiqfreq
06-23-2009, 05:06 AM
Hi,

We are Jody & Jeff from Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
We have been camping about 5 1/2 years (together)
and currently have a Keystone Cougar 291RLS fifth wheel.

Our hobbies are camping, canoeing, hiking and biking.
We get out as often as we can - but living in South Florida
it takes a 1/2 day just to get to about any destination.

We have no children, but we do have a 17 year old doggie
and an 18 year old cat - we love them both dearly!

We tow with a 2003 Ford F250, 7.3L diesel, 4x4, CC, SB
with a automatic slider hitch. We carry 2 generators in our
tool box in the back of the bed.

We look forward to our correspondence here on the forum!

Jody

Flyguy
06-23-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi, and welcome to the forum, by your post I assume that you are using a Pullrite superslide hitch, is this correct? If so, how well does it work for you?

antiqfreq
06-23-2009, 08:00 AM
It works great.
No problems at all.
Love to hear those 'jaws' lock,
then I know we're good to go!

Jody

Festus2
06-23-2009, 11:06 AM
We are **** and Donna and have been RVing as long as we have been married - almost 46 years - and have owned and pulled almost everything. For the past several years, we have found that a 5th wheel meets our needs. Last year, we bought a 2008 Cougar 27RKS 5th and pull it with a 2005 GMC 2500 Duramax. This will be our last unit - so I am told.
We travel with Amber, a 6 yr old golden who has a bit of "attitude" - in other words, spoiled.
We live in the Fraser Valley - an agricultural area about 60 miles east of Vancouver BC. Both of us are retired - having spent our entire careers in the school system. Interests other than RVing include kayaking, curling, (a crazy sport which is only appreciated by those who also curl), photography, and volunteer work in our community.
I am looking forward to working with Courtland and Jody in trying to make this forum informative, helpful, supportive and welcoming. I would encourage you to contribute not only your posts but also your ideas and suggestions about how we can help make the forum a better one.

Festus2
06-23-2009, 11:08 AM
I guess "D--I--C--K" is a forbidden name ----- just call me Richard.

JJnLilly
06-24-2009, 04:01 AM
"Joined" a while ago but waited to make any comments. We've been camping for 35 years and have done it all - tent, pup, MH, TT and now our second cougar 5r. Both retired and travel with a 5 year old wonder dog named Lilly and a 13 year old 4 pound cat. Still have a stick house but spend most winter's in the south volunteering in state parks.

Was a long standing member of the old Keystone group and got lots of ideas and fixes from that forum. Hope to add to this one too.

antiqfreq
06-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Welcome JJnLilly,
and we hope to hear more from you.

We hope also that we can help you in any
way possible.

The newer look and format of this forum hopefully
will encourage all members, new and old, to join in.

Camping is a wonderful experience - that that is what
we wish for everyone!

Again, Welcome!!

Jody