PDA

View Full Version : Rain Water thru TV Antenna

jeffgalati
09-21-2014, 02:25 PM
during a severe rain storm last week, we all of a sudden had water coming from the lever for raising our TV Antenna. I have never seen this before and don't see any caulking issues around the antenna. Is it possible the water pooled up enough around the antenna that it came thru the center mechanics of the antenna? Or do I have a larger issue?

hankpage
09-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Check the boot where the coax enters the antenna it may need a dab of caulk. Also follow directions for lubrication of mechanism with silicone spray to seal o-ring on shaft.

jeffgalati
09-21-2014, 02:48 PM
thanks for the info. Just looked up the info for the antenna. I will give it a try. thank You

golfpro
10-02-2014, 12:01 PM
mine did that and I just took a tube of caulking and flooded the area around the wire cap. stopped the leak instantly

Randy_K
10-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Had mine do that a month ago. I took it to a dealer for repair. They took off the handle inside and reached up with what looked like a spark plug wrench and tightened a nut on the antenna shaft. They said if its not tightened enough the water will leak around the "o" ring and if too tight the antenna will not move properly. Problem fixed in a few minutes. He told me over the phone to stop in as I was passing through . He dropped what he was doing to look at my trailer as soon as I arrived. I insisted on giving the guy $20.00 as he was not going to charge me.:D

jeffgalati
10-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Very cool. Unfortunately my dealer is an hour away. Haven't had any problems since. Will need to have it looked at next time I take it in. Thanks.

DetnNet
02-26-2017, 08:50 AM
I had the same issue during some severe rain. I will have to check the wire boot and also check the o-ring. Thanks for the discussion.

slow
02-26-2017, 09:44 AM
Winegard recommends silicone spray on the o-ring annually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk