PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Flag Protocall Compliance For A Buck

srvnt
09-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Glued a 99 cent solar light I had laying around to my little trailer flag. Think I'll use a bigger one for our stick house flag, to save energy without the use of our floodlights.

outwest
09-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Nice :)

I was very disappointed when local fire station decided to no longer light up their flag and to just leave it out all night in the dark. :(

bmach
09-23-2014, 08:05 AM
Why be just disappointed? Be pro active and report them! Let veterans groups know about it, tell your select men or city council. If it bothers you, you can do something about it.

byrdr1
09-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Nice :)

I was very disappointed when local fire station decided to no longer light up their flag and to just leave it out all night in the dark. :(
My son in law is a fireman,
Flag goes up in the morning and down at dusk everyday.
Part of their daily jobs.
randy
PS. at every station too

outwest
09-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Why be just disappointed? Be pro active and report them! Let veterans groups know about it, tell your select men or city council. If it bothers you, you can do something about it.From those I've spoken with, the local community and vets are aware of it. People just don't seem to care :( Like most, I was raised back when everyone stopped whatever they were doing and stood with hand over heart for the National Anthem (or salute if military), and back when schools taught the students proper protocols for the flag.

Another station down the road put up one of those door covering flags on their entry door. They put it up reversed -- with field of stars in top right corner. A fairly common mistake, but still. . .

@byrdr1 - That's nice to hear :)

srvnt
09-23-2014, 06:59 PM
I was leaving work one day while another shift was entering the refinery for the evening. I saw the guards at the main gate lowering the flag, folding it up, like they did everyday. I thought to myself "we are a 24-7 operation all over the world and that flag should fly for all employees". The next day I pitched a pair of floodlights for the flag to management, and two days later, it was lit everynight. That was over 20 years ago and its still how we roll. I think I'll recommend it as a nationwide practice.

billandjan
10-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Those solar lights are available from Wal-Mart. just pull the stem off the bottom, voila,