PDA

View Full Version : Duties of grandparents

chuckster57
09-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Well we got our trailer all waxed, loaded, and the Dually all washed and fueled for our 2+ hour drive to the coast. The kids and grandkids were slated to arrive on Monday.

I was telling my DW that I bet one of the kids would call...sure nuff, "can we ride with you tomorrow"? Isn't it against all codes to tell grandkids no?

Thank goodness I have a crewcab dually, trailer weighs under 10K, so no worries.

JRTJH
09-20-2014, 07:33 PM
AHHHHHH Grandkids, "sugar 'em up and send 'em home.... :D

I told my daughter when she was a "hellion at 16" that someday I'd get even.... Grandkids are a perfect opportunity to make that happen :cool:

No really, we were so busy trying to survive the budget when our kids were growing up that it seemed we never had enough time to just "enjoy the kids"... With grandkids, well, now there's enough time.... Even though they are 18 and 19, they are still so special and well, now, young adults with a purpose :) It's great to watch them grow and mature into great people !!!
Ya gotta luv 'em !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chuckster57
09-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Gotta luv 'em is right!!! The ride is going to be interesting- 2 adults, 2 preteen girls, 3 cats and 1dog.

Wouldn't have it any other way!!

JRTJH
09-20-2014, 08:56 PM
MMMMM Keep the 3 cats and the dog in the cab with you and put the 2 adults and the 2 preteen girls in the trailer. It'll be a much quieter trip that way ROFL "bouncey:

GmaPaTime
09-21-2014, 04:18 AM
I like your idea John. I love my four grandkids, all boys, but love the silence too after they leave. We have then Monday-Friday.