PDA

View Full Version : Sliders & awning quit working

SkiSmuggs
09-19-2014, 05:29 AM
Last day of camping in Boothbay, ME and nothing happens when I try to raise the rear stabilizers. Same with both Sliders and then awning, but the front landing gear works. I called my dealer and he said the remote module was probably bad, but the remote should work. Found the remote we never use and the battery was dead. Called the office to explain why we were not going to be out in time and where was a Radio Shack. The new battery did the job and everything worked using it the remote. Whew! We still have to take our rig in for repair, but we are at least functional until then and I have a new appreciation for using the remote.
2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS.

Yosemitebob
09-19-2014, 08:12 AM
One more item to add to your "take along check page" extra batteries for everything :D lesson well learned, at least it was a simple thing:)

SkiSmuggs
09-20-2014, 06:56 AM
The part # on the remote module is on the top edge where it can't be easily seen, but Google found what seems to be the right part for $250 on eBay from ppl and $489 from Lippert. Jeez! Since I am off warranty, I don't think I will have the dealer do this.