PDA

View Full Version : Mobile warranty repair

Richard6959
09-18-2014, 04:24 PM
We have a new TT but will be living in it for about 6 months. My concern is that once we start using it we will discover those pesky little issues that need to be addressed. It will be hard to take it to a dealer if we are using it. Does camping world or any RV dealers offer a mobile warranty repair service?

theeyres
09-18-2014, 09:04 PM
In every case where I've used a mobile repair service, I have been totally happy, usually spending far less than a dealer repair. I have seen a few dealers with mobile service. But the problem is not going to be Camping World or any other RV Dealer. The problem will be the manufacturer. It's going to be a case by case thing on whether that particular mobile repair service is authorized by Keystone to make repairs. The only answer I know is to start checking dealers where you will be living to see if they are authorized by Keystone to do mobile repairs. It will be a dealer by dealer answer. No universal answer will apply.

JRTJH
09-19-2014, 04:49 AM
The Owner's Manual indicates the following:

". All shipping or towing expenses incurred in transporting the recreational vehicle for warranty service shall be owner’s responsibility (units with detachable hitch designed for permanent site use may qualify for on-site service call assistance)."

Keystone doesn't pay for mobile services for any RV (except for park models with a detachable tongue)

Some dealerships do have a mobile service capability and offer that service to customers. Sometimes they charge extra for mobile service and it depends on how they write up the service call as to whether the factory will pay the "mobile fees".

There are a number of "private mobile RV repair services" throughout the country. Some are authorized by Keystone, many are not. If you elect to use one of these, they may charge you for the repair and it is then up to you to seek reimbursement from Keystone. After you've paid for the repair, you may find yourself in a situation where Keystone refuses to reimburse you, or other situations may occur (see: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18958 )

It probably won't be as simple as "calling the dealer and they send out a repairman the next day". You may well find that if you don't drag it into the dealership, they won't repair it.

There is also a clause in the warranty that states: "KEYSTONE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR LOSS OF USE OF THE RECREATIONAL VEHICLE, ON-SITE SERVICE CALLS OR SERVICE CHARGES, LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, EXPENSES FOR GASOLINE, TOWING CHARGES OR TRANSPORTATION COSTS, RENTAL OF SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT, TELEPHONE, TRAVEL, LODGING, DAMAGE OR LOSS TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, LOSS OF REVENUES, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL LOSS, OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OF ANY KIND OR NATURE RESULTING FROM ANY DEFECT IN THE RECREATIONAL VEHICLE."

So Keystone won't help pay for any costs for lodging, meals or inconvenience to you while you're "out of your RV" during the repairs. Many who "full time" have had to live in a motel or rent an apartment during the time a dealership has had to keep their RV for extensive repairs. The dealership may give you a priority for repairs and try to get your RV back to you as soon as they can, but they are not "obligated by Keystone" to do that.

Planning and making arrangements for another place to live while your RV is being repaired would be your responsibility.

Richard6959
09-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Earl and John, thanks for the great info. About what I expected. (tx)