PDA

View Full Version : Almost a Keystone owner

Devildogmom
01-24-2011, 07:39 PM
We have been looking at fifth wheels of nearly every make and model for over a year now. We have finally decided on a Cougar 327RES. We went to yet another RV show yesterday and didn't see any camper that we liked better than the Cougar. What surprised us was the fact that there were no Keystone dealers at the show at all.

We plan to order our new fifth wheel in mid April so we can take it up to the U.P. in July. We can't wait. We have a 27 foot travel trailer with no slides now and hope to sell it before we take delivery of the new one. I plan to take a video of the walk through so we don't forget anything.

Please feel free to give us any hints or suggestions.

Keith & Marilyn

Flyguy
01-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Here's a form that covers all that you and your dealer should inspect before you hand over the check. http://eaa1358.com/Passport/Pre-Delivery%20Inspection%20Checklist.pdf

antiqfreq
01-25-2011, 05:30 AM
Welcome to our great forum!

Taking a video of the walk thru, PDI, will be a great idea.

I am sure you are anxious to get camping in your new camper
and can't wait to get the process started.

Jo
:)

Devildogmom
01-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Here's a form that covers all that you and your dealer should inspect before you hand over the check. http://eaa1358.com/Passport/Pre-Delivery%20Inspection%20Checklist.pdf

That form will definitely come in handy.:)

Tom and Kelley Crawford
01-25-2011, 06:53 PM
We too have a 327RES and live in Florida. I have family in the UP of MI and would love to pull our 5er up there. Have you stayed anywhere up there before and if so, do you have any suggestions on campgrounds. I have family in Iron Mountain so we would want to stay in that area. Thanks for any suggestions.

Devildogmom
01-26-2011, 03:06 AM
Florida to the UP will be quite a haul. It sounds like fun. We stayed at Lake Gogebic State Park. We have a family cabin in Ewen.

Handysam
01-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Welcome! Congratulations on your new purchase.

We purchased our 2011 Cougar 327RES in October. LOVE IT!!!! We were able to get out about 4 times before winter set in. The video is a great idea. There is a lot to absorb in a short amount of time, during a PDI. So far we have had no real issues. Somewhere on this forum I think someone had a PDI list that you can print for guidance.

Wishing you many happy outings. :) Lauren & Sam