PDA

View Full Version : Looking at buying a new 290rl Keystone Avalance

albertr
01-24-2011, 06:21 PM
We are looking at buying a new Keystone Avalance 290RL at La Mesa RV in Mesa. Would like to hear from someone who owns one. Any problems? Likes and Dislikes. Also we are Canadians and are concerned about warranty service in Canada. Your comments will be appreciated...Thanks...Al

antiqfreq
01-25-2011, 05:28 AM
Welcome to the forum.

We hope someone who has this model will responde to you soon.

Jo
:)

Festus2
01-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Welcome Al, to the our forum. To a large degree, it depends upon the individual dealerships whether or not they will do warranty work on an RV if required. I don't believe it matters if you purchased it the U.S. or in Canada. It will, however, have to pass Canadian certification with regard to propane, etc. Some dealerships will tell you that, because you didn't buy the RV from them, they will turn down your work. This practice goes on in both countries. Others, who seem to have more common sense, will gladly accept it knowing that their service may not be forgotten by you in the future. Even though a dealership sells Keystone products, it is not obligated to do warranty work on an RV that was purchased at some other dealer.
My suggestion to you would be to find a reputable and customer-oriented dealership as close as possible to you, go there before you buy and ask them if they will do warranty work on your RV purchased elsewhere. If he says "yes" ----- problem solved.

KanTC
01-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi Al (& welcome!),

Two of the Keystone 5th wheel lines were re-named (& re-designed?) in early 2010 -- the 'Avalanche' was previously called 'Challenger' [& the 'Alpine' was 'Everest']. As a result, there's only recent owner/buyers to compare notes with, and there may not be any Avalanche owners here 'yet'. ;) That said, our previous 5th wheel was a Challenger, and we loved it!

In reference to locating Keystone dealers close to your area, check here:

http://www.keystonerv.com/?page=locator

Avalanche dealers here:

http://keystone-avalanche.com/index.php?page=findmyrv&PHPSESSID=4099d581e510df1c0cd59337df259dff

Mesa RV may be able to refer you to a dealer; and with their southern AZ location (snowbird area) they may also be familiar with the paperwork process & requirements for Canadian residents buying in the U.S.

Good Luck!

Terri, the co-pilot :)

andyrad
01-26-2011, 04:36 PM
I believe I saw a blurb about warranty in our owners manual as I was enjoying a cold beer in the rockies last weekend. It said somewthing about the warranty being nullified if the Keystone RV was purchased through a site like ebay or similar and the dealer was not an authorized dealer. Also if you buy it from a wholesaler or discounter of RVs that buys from liquidations then you may not have a warranty that Keystone will acknowledge. If someone could confirm this from their owners manual it would be a help as I'm no where near our rig right now. If Mesa RV is authorized then you should have no worries.