PDA

View Full Version : new to forum from pa

Steveracer
09-14-2014, 11:48 AM
2010 RAPTOR Velocity RP361LEV Toy Hauler
2005 Ford F-350 Superduty 6.0L Turbo Deisel Western Hauler with Firestone airbags, EGR Delete, coolant filter, 4" exhaust from turbo back, aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a B&W Champion Fifth Wheel Hitch
We just bought the camper used last year, dealer did not provide any manuals, fireplace still does not work properly (gives flame but no heat), decals on exterior are all cracked bad, we are disappointed about this. Inside of camper looks like new. This is our second Keystone Unit, we had good luck with our first one which was a 2002 Springdale 277RK fifth wheel.
:wave:

PARAPTOR
09-14-2014, 12:22 PM
:wlcm: to the Forum From Western PA

Congrats on your Raptor Enjoy "bouncey:

Do not think Raptors had fireplaces installed in 2010, unit may have been installed by previous owner. I assume electric, I would check wiring and protection devices.

Happy Camping and Be Safe

Steveracer
09-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Thank you
yes fireplace is electric, and factory installed on the 361lev velocity models 2010. fireplace will turn on and starts to heat up but then stops blowing hot air there must be a limit switch that is turning off heat element.The light bulb for the flame works fine and looks nice and will stay on for hours (used as a night light for kids) ! I had thermostat knob turned to high setting on unit, and after heat element turns off, i can switch unit off and turn back on in a couple of seconds and it will do the same thing over again, will only blow heat for about a minute if lucky. I will have to pull unit out and check wiring and safety switch.

JRTJH
09-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Steveracer,

I think your fireplace has a two position heat switch. You say that when you turn it to high, it runs a few minutes then shuts off. If you turn the heat switch to low, does it also turn off after a few minutes?

My guess is that your high temp limit switch is causing the heater to shut off when it "overheats". It could be a bad temp limit switch, a problem with air flow or a blocked air intake on the fireplace. If you're still under warranty, I'd get it looked at if you can't find the problem easily.

bsmith0404
09-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Sounds like a nice set up. Decals are probably one of the biggest complaints that people have as far a stage appearance items go. Montanas seem to have the most complaints for fading, others have cracking, and then there I ab the edge peeling. My last Jayco had problems with bubbles, they just appeared one day. Had about 20 half dollar sized bubbles all around it. Then a few more appeared, it was strange. My new Alpine has the full body paint so I don't have to worry about the decals anymore, just scratches and nicks. It's never ending and almost a losing battle trying to keep an rv looking good.

Steveracer
09-15-2014, 05:33 AM
John
I will try turning heat setting down and see
What happens. I also was thinking maybe airflow could
Be a problem like dust or dirt in element. Thank you

Steveracer
09-15-2014, 05:46 AM
Brent

Thank you! My wife and I are thinking of just removing
Decals, or looking for replacment decals. We did send pic of unit to
Keystone, but could not help us as we are 2nd owners, and factory