PDA

View Full Version : Converter Location

msp2jxr
09-14-2014, 06:15 AM
Does any one know where the converter is located on the 337 FLS?
I would like to install an inline surge protector and was surprised it was not located next to the 50 AMP trailer cord female plug in. Looking for the best way to install this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JRTJH
09-14-2014, 07:20 AM
If you mean "by the 50 amp female plugin" you mean at the place the shore power cord enters the sidewall, it's likely not there.

On many RV's, that plug is connected by 10 gage romex to the power center which may be located on the opposite end of the RV.

Look for your circuit breaker panel, the converter is likely bolted to the bottom rear of that panel.

The surge protector goes between the romex and the 50 amp connectors on the circuit breaker panel.

REMEMBER TO DISCONNECT SHORE POWER BEFORE YOU GO DIGGING AROUND BEHIND ANY ELECTRICAL COMPONENT !!!!!

msp2jxr
09-16-2014, 01:13 PM
If I need to add more wire to reach the panel when I add the surge protector I would require 6 guage wire the same as what is inside the cord?

jtyphoid
09-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Yes, you need the same gauge wire. I was able to pick up a few feet at a local electrical supply business.

msp2jxr
09-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Great... thanks for the help.... If my surge protector arrives that may be my weekend project.