PDA

View Full Version : black tank rinse install

Bill Ruddell
01-24-2011, 01:27 PM
We have a 2008 Laredo 315 RL. Terrific unit. 3 questions

1st - does anyone know if the bathroom SINK goes into the black tank? I know there are 3 tanks because when I pull the 3 T dump handles in succession there are 3 distinct water surges.

2nd - the toilet discharge pipe enters the top of the tank about 6" from where the bathroom sink enters the top of "A" tank. When I slide my hands beneath the sub floor I feel the top of just 1 tank. Is it possible there is 1 tank but 2 COMPARTMENTS?

3rd - all YouTube and web sites say to install a Tornado in the END opposite the sewer inlet. This would require removing the under belly cover and all the insulation. Can't I install in the top of the tank?

Thanking you in advance for your help and suggestions.
Bill Ruddell

campingcpl
01-25-2011, 07:30 AM
We have a 2008 Laredo 315 RL. Terrific unit. 3 questions

1st - does anyone know if the bathroom SINK goes into the black tank? I know there are 3 tanks because when I pull the 3 T dump handles in succession there are 3 distinct water surges.

2nd - the toilet discharge pipe enters the top of the tank about 6" from where the bathroom sink enters the top of "A" tank. When I slide my hands beneath the sub floor I feel the top of just 1 tank. Is it possible there is 1 tank but 2 COMPARTMENTS?

3rd - all YouTube and web sites say to install a Tornado in the END opposite the sewer inlet. This would require removing the under belly cover and all the insulation. Can't I install in the top of the tank?

Thanking you in advance for your help and suggestions.
Bill Ruddell

I can't be for sure how your unit is set up but usually on 5th wheels there are 3 holding tanks, 1 - black and 2 - grey. 1 grey tank is for the kitchen and the other will be for the lav and shower. The black tank is used "ONLY" for solid waste. Sometimes you will find that they will "stack" the black and one of the grey tank if there is room in the frame to do this. Most of the units that do this will be 5th wheels that use what they call a split frame which increases the storage space hight by 12". Usually you see this on more of the larger and higher end 5th wheels.

As for a single tank having two compartments, I don't beleave there is anything like that, that is being used.

As for the black tank flush, you should install the flush in the end of the tank. The reason is you want to flush everything towards the temination. Plus the spray will help clean the tank level sensors at the opposite end of the tank. I have heard of people installing them into the sides of the tank but I'm not sure at how effective at cleaning that is. I have installed a couple of these now and I have always put them in the end of the tank opposit the tank outlet. If you plan on installing one you might have to drop the one end of the tank enough to cut the hole. I have been lucky enough to have just enough room to cut the hole without dropping the tank.

I hope this helps and good luck.