PDA

View Full Version : Black Tank Flush

jeffgalati
09-13-2014, 11:32 AM
I have a 2014 Hideout 29BHS. When I went to flush my black tank after our last outing I realized the water was not flowing to actually flush the tank. After searching threads, I concluded the Backflow prevention valve was not working. Today I bypassed the valve and I still have no water flow! Any further suggestions?

Bluewater
09-13-2014, 11:42 AM
I found on mine the garden hose end did not have enough threads to make it seat properly to the valve connection. I used a different hose with longer threads and solved the problem. Good luck

jeffgalati
09-13-2014, 11:48 AM
I questioned that originally but I am now trying at home and still have problem with new hose and city water. I am getting water to the valve. Seems to me if something had it stopped at the tank it would simply be able to push it away especially with city water pressure...

chuckster57
09-13-2014, 01:27 PM
I questioned that originally but I am now trying at home and still have problem with new hose and city water. I am getting water to the valve. Seems to me if something had it stopped at the tank it would simply be able to push it away especially with city water pressure...

You'd be suprised at how well "stuck crud" can stop the rinser, especially if it dries on the rinser. Last one I had like that, I filled the tank through the toilet with some digesters. It sat for 3 days and that cleared the rinser.

jeffgalati
09-13-2014, 01:41 PM
You'd be suprised at how well "stuck crud" can stop the rinser, especially if it dries on the rinser. Last one I had like that, I filled the tank through the toilet with some digesters. It sat for 3 days and that cleared the rinser.

I may have to try that next. Thanks.

Dogman
09-15-2014, 09:25 AM
My FZ301 had a kinked hose new from dealer. Dealer had to drop the covering on the bottom and reroute it.