PDA

View Full Version : Email notification of new posts

oldcow
09-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Where is the setting that will allow me to receive daily email notifications of all new posts?
Thanks,
Oldcow

Festus2
09-12-2014, 10:07 AM
You can go into the Control Panel (CP) and click on Settings and Options. From here go to Messaging and Notifications. You can choose if you want to be notified regarding threads (not posts) and responses to them.

JRTJH
09-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Where is the setting that will allow me to receive daily email notifications of all new posts?
Thanks,
Oldcow

I don't believe there is an option in the CP to get an "email notification of ALL new posts"... There is an option (it's the third paragraph in the USER CP--SETTINGS&OPTIONS--EDIT OPTIONS tab which will allow you to receive email notification of all "NEW POSTS IN SUBSCRIBED THREADS" But this does not option to receiving email notification of "ALL NEW POSTS IN ALL THREADS".

So, if you're asking, "Can I option to get notice of new posts in subscribed threads?" Yes you can (as above) but if you're asking, "Can I get notice of all new posts in every thread?" the answer is No you can't set an option for that.

I believe the reason there is no option for "all new posts in every thread" is because it is assumed there will be "new posts in at least one thread" on a daily basis and an option to send notices would send an email on a daily basis. That would become "redundant" since there will "always be new posts "somewhere in the forum" every day"....

oldcow
09-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Thanks
Oldcow