PDA

View Full Version : California to South Dakota

austinp
09-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Gonna pull my TT from OC to Hill City, South Dakota next week. I'm planning on taking the 15 to the 80 through Utah and Wyoming and taking the 25 to the 18 then 85 and finally the 16.
Has anyone taken this route or parts of it? I'm wondering if these roads are good to go when pulling a TT. Thanks!
I also heard the 80 through Wyoming can be windy.

gkainz
09-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Yeah, 80 is windy. But first, as a South Dakotan who lived in SoCal for too long - nobody east of the 15 calls freeways "the" :) I-80 across Wonderful Windy Wyoming is just "80" :)

Secondly, why Hill City? Since I grew up in Custer I have to say Hill City is "almost there". Ok, enough of the jokes. Nothing wrong with your route - just be prepared for some wind on 80.

I drove from NAS Miramar (before it became MCAS) home to Custer many times when I was there.

I would suggest 18 to 385 to Custer and 16 to Hill City.

gearhead
09-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Yeah, 80 is windy. But first, as a South Dakotan who lived in SoCal for too long - nobody east of the 15 calls freeways "the" :) I-80 across Wonderful Windy Wyoming is just "80" :)

Secondly, why Hill City? Since I grew up in Custer I have to say Hill City is "almost there". Ok, enough of the jokes. Nothing wrong with your route - just be prepared for some wind on 80.

I drove from NAS Miramar (before it became MCAS) home to Custer many times when I was there.

X2 on the "the" word! Y'all can call them what you want though. We call it "the east freeway" or just I-10. I'm sure there's some rule of the English language y'all are breaking. Like I don't!
But the dang TV newsreaders here in Houston are starting to do that. Can't stand it.

austinp
09-08-2014, 05:56 PM

We're staying at crooked Creek campground just South of Hill City, so not really in Hill City. We are planning on visiting Custer on one of our day trips while there. Thanks for the chuckle and warning on the I-80..... I mean 80 [emoji1]

gkainz
09-09-2014, 07:47 AM
We're staying at crooked Creek campground just South of Hill City, so not really in Hill City. We are planning on visiting Custer on one of our day trips while there. Thanks for the chuckle and warning on the I-80..... I mean 80 [emoji1]

When you get to Custer, stop in at Scott's Rock Shop on the east end of town and say "Hi" to my brother in law.

austinp
09-09-2014, 08:01 AM
I will, thanks

hankaye
09-09-2014, 09:59 AM
austinp, Howdy;

Should you find the winds of Wyo. behaving in a boisterous
manner then when you get East of Rawlins, and Sinclair, you will see
one of those informational signs across the East bound lanes with
a High Wind Advisory (at MM 234.53). Shortly after the sign is an exit
(235), that will take you onto US-30, and is a regular 'Get Around" for
truck traffic and will bring you back to I-80 at Laramie. Nice route takes
you up thru Medicine Bow (Home of The Virginian).

hankaye

austinp
09-09-2014, 01:58 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Should you find the winds of Wyo. behaving in a boisterous
manner then when you get East of Rawlins, and Sinclair, you will see
one of those informational signs across the East bound lanes with
a High Wind Advisory (at MM 234.53). Shortly after the sign is an exit
(235), that will take you onto US-30, and is a regular 'Get Around" for
truck traffic and will bring you back to I-80 at Laramie. Nice route takes
you up thru Medicine Bow (Home of The Virginian).

hankaye
That's great info
I will definitely keep it in mind. Thank you very much![emoji12]

hankaye
09-09-2014, 04:44 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Don't know when you plan on departing but with the most recent
deluge of rain on Las Vegas there is a 15 to 30 mile stretch of I-15
that is shut down due to flooding and wash-outs. All is not lost, ...
when you get to the North end of Vegas look for the exit that will
put you onto US-93 North (The Great Basin Highway). It's a nice drive,
Don't let your fuel/gas tank get much below 1/2 .... Stick with 93
until 93 ALT wants to go straight (TAKE IT), it will bring you to Wendover, Nv.
and I-80. Go East as soon as you cross over into Utah to the South is the
remnants of an old AF Base where they trained for the A-Bomb drops on Japan.
There is a museum and tours, a few miles further is the Bonneville Salt Flats to
the North follow the Interstate and you'll find your self in Salt Lake City. Go
South on I-15 to I-215 and follow it till it puts you on to I-80 East It IS the
easiest and best route to get through the city.
Happy motoring ...

hankaye

austinp
09-09-2014, 05:05 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Don't know when you plan on departing but with the most recent
deluge of rain on Las Vegas there is a 15 to 30 mile stretch of I-15
that is shut down due to flooding and wash-outs. All is not lost, ...
when you get to the North end of Vegas look for the exit that will
put you onto US-93 North (The Great Basin Highway). It's a nice drive,
Don't let your fuel/gas tank get much below 1/2 .... Stick with 93
until 93 ALT wants to go straight (TAKE IT), it will bring you to Wendover, Nv.
and I-80. Go East as soon as you cross over into Utah to the South is the
remnants of an old AF Base where they trained for the A-Bomb drops on Japan.
There is a museum and tours, a few miles further is the Bonneville Salt Flats to
the North follow the Interstate and you'll find your self in Salt Lake City. Go
South on I-15 to I-215 and follow it till it puts you on to I-80 East It IS the
easiest and best route to get through the city.
Happy motoring ...

hankaye
We plan on leaving Monday the 15th. If the 15 is still messed up I'm gonna take this route. Thanks for the great info.

hankaye
09-09-2014, 08:18 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Glad to be of help. Here's a link to Nevada's DOT Page;
http://www.nevadadot.com/Traveler_Info/Traveler_Information.aspx
Should be able to help you keep up to date on road conditions and help
you find any other alternate routes.
The exit for US-93 is 64, that also where the blockage starts no mention of
US-93 being closed ... so call to be sure you can access US-93.

If US-93 is closed then you can take exit 42 and get on to US-95 North,
take it to Tonopah (206 miles) then East on US-6 to Ely (169 miles), where
you will meet up with US-93 (60 miles to the 93 Alt 93 split then another 60 to
Wendover). This will take you past Mercury entry to the old above ground
Nuclear test sites (closed to the public), Area 51 (also closed to the public),
and Yucca Mt. (yep, closed to the public).

hankaye

meaz93
09-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Make sure you check your trailer tires! My Springdale TT is a 2010 and the tire looked brand new?! Low and behold on only a 2 hour pull the tire belts separated and caused a lot.of stuff to happen! It was so bad the spare tire carrier and bracket vibrated right of the trailer!???? That's right....Chinese Carlisle's. ...had to change all 5!! At least no accidents.....as I watched the spare fly across and down an embankment.
Just saying.....got rid of the 8 ply's and went with 10 ply's.

austinp
09-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks for all the great advice and directions. I'm cruising my fingers they get that I-15 open by Monday morning. As far as tires I have trailer kings on now and keep them at 65 PSI. It's a 2014 so I'm hoping the tires are still good, one more thing to worry about I guess.[emoji57]

bsmith0404
09-11-2014, 03:41 AM
Tonopah is where the air force flew the F117 stealth for many years when it was still in the black. Many UFO sightings in the area back in the 80s have been attributed to it. Interesting bit of trivia, but unfortunately closed to the public. As for the winds on 80 (or the I 80) if they are under 50 mph, that's just a breeze. Enjoy your vacation, if you've never been to the area you'll be amazed. Something else to think about, you're only about a two hour drive to devils tower, not much around it, but worth a day trip to see

austinp
09-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Tonopah is where the air force flew the F117 stealth for many years when it was still in the black. Many UFO sightings in the area back in the 80s have been attributed to it. Interesting bit of trivia, but unfortunately closed to the public. As for the winds on 80 (or the I 80) if they are under 50 mph, that's just a breeze. Enjoy your vacation, if you've never been to the area you'll be amazed. Something else to think about, you're only about a two hour drive to devils tower, not much around it, but worth a day trip to see
Thanks for the trivia and warning on the 80. I'll definitely try to check out your suggestions. Do you know if the winds are any better in the mornings? Around here the winds are calm in the morning and pickup in the afternoons.

hankaye
09-11-2014, 07:36 AM
austinp, Howdy;

Speaking from my own experience they will blow when it suites them ...
I was in a Big Truck heading West about 30 miles West of Laramie,
and the trailer was for all intense and purposes empty and was literally
blown-over at 8:30am. The same day 4 other Big trucks and 3 RV's were
blown-over. I was told about the US-30 go-around later ... :rolleyes:, :banghead:
Nearer the coast you will have the shifting of winds form Off-shore to On-shore due
to the warming and cooling of the ocean. The transition allows for the calm period
between.

hankaye

austinp
09-11-2014, 08:38 AM
austinp, Howdy;

Speaking from my own experience they will blow when it suites them ...
I was in a Big Truck heading West about 30 miles West of Laramie,
and the trailer was for all intense and purposes empty and was literally
blown-over at 8:30am. The same day 4 other Big trucks and 3 RV's were
blown-over. I was told about the US-30 go-around later ... :rolleyes:, :banghead:
Nearer the coast you will have the shifting of winds form Off-shore to On-shore due
to the warming and cooling of the ocean. The transition allows for the calm period
between.

hankaye
Copy that. Thanks!

gkainz
09-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Wyoming wind sock ... only partially in jest

http://www.bowkera.com/images/Wyoming/Casper%20Friends/WYOWINDSOCK.JPG

bsmith0404
09-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the trivia and warning on the 80. I'll definitely try to check out your suggestions. Do you know if the winds are any better in the mornings? Around here the winds are calm in the morning and pickup in the afternoons.

As already stated, they can blow 24/7, usually worse in winter. I lived in Cheyenne for 4 years and will say that this time of year, your chances of lower wind levels are better in the morning than the afternoon. With that said, I don't know how you would be able to travel across Wyoming in just the morning. You're pretty much stuck with what you have when you get there and hope it's good. If not, go slow or spend a day watching things blow by. Just plan ahead, I've seen many, many trailers on their side in Wyoming.

hankaye
09-11-2014, 01:17 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Now that we've got you more nervous about crossing
Wonderful Windy Wyoming than a cat in a room full of
rocking chairs, there is an alternate route, ... take I-40
across to Albuquerque, N.M. (doing the Route 66 thang),
then go North on I-25 to Denver then I-76 to I-80 .....
there's always an alternate route.

hankaye

bsmith0404
09-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Going that route you don't hit wind until the greeley area, about 30 miles before cheyenne and it's normally not as bad as 80. Raton pass is your only major climb. If you take it slow and steady it's not too bad

austinp
09-11-2014, 04:16 PM
As already stated, they can blow 24/7, usually worse in winter. I lived in Cheyenne for 4 years and will say that this time of year, your chances of lower wind levels are better in the morning than the afternoon. With that said, I don't know how you would be able to travel across Wyoming in just the morning. You're pretty much stuck with what you have when you get there and hope it's good. If not, go slow or spend a day watching things blow by. Just plan ahead, I've seen many, many trailers on their side in Wyoming.
What we're going to do is on our 2nd day stay in Rock Springs for the night and head back out the next morning. As previously stated if the wind starts blowing we will try to take the 30 truck route just East of Laramie. Thanks.

austinp
09-11-2014, 04:23 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Now that we've got you more nervous about crossing
Wonderful Windy Wyoming than a cat in a room full of
rocking chairs, there is an alternate route, ... take I-40
across to Albuquerque, N.M. (doing the Route 66 thang),
then go North on I-25 to Denver then I-76 to I-80 .....
there's always an alternate route.

hankaye
Thanks hankaye, good suggestion. The 15 is still closed in Nevada too. We may cancel our reservation in Leeds, Nevada and head North on the 93 and spend the first night in Caliente, Nevada before connecting to the 80 towards Salt Lake. They say they may have the 15 open again by the weekend, at least one lane North and one South. We'll see.[emoji51]

bsmith0404
09-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Thanks hankaye, good suggestion. The 15 is still closed in Nevada too. We may cancel our reservation in Leeds, Nevada and head North on the 93 and spend the first night in Caliente, Nevada before connecting to the 80 towards Salt Lake. They say they may have the 15 open again by the weekend, at least one lane North and one South. We'll see.[emoji51]

I'm hearing that even if they open 15 this weekend, it will not be open to commercial or large vehicles. Either way, good luck and enjoy the trip. Between SD/Rushmore are and Yellowstone I could spend every summer up in that part of the country and never miss civilization a bit! BTW, don't miss the Crazy Horse monument, very interesting to see. There are also some caves on the far side of Custer that make for an interesting day.

austinp
09-11-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm hearing that even if they open 15 this weekend, it will not be open to commercial or large vehicles. Either way, good luck and enjoy the trip. Between SD/Rushmore are and Yellowstone I could spend every summer up in that part of the country and never miss civilization a bit! BTW, don't miss the Crazy Horse monument, very interesting to see. There are also some caves on the far side of Custer that make for an interesting day.
Thanks bsmith0404, I also heard they may not allow commercial/large vehicles. Getting through Nevada may be the challenge. Sunday will be decision making time if we're going to stay in Caliente or try for Leeds.

hankaye
09-11-2014, 06:29 PM
austinp, Howdy;

One of the BIGGEST mistakes is folks thinking that they HAVE
to make it to a certain place by a specific time ... remember that it
generally takes, on average, 2 hours for every 100 miles traveled.
Take your time, don't get in a hurry to make a deadline, rest before
you think you need one everyone has their own time frame for breaks.
Remember, your not used to the long haul, and you have a trailer behind
you, something you are not used to, it's more tiring than most folks realize.
Travel safe, there are some truly crazy drivers out there and the scary
thing is that there is a group more of them than there is of us... :eek:

hankaye

austinp
09-11-2014, 06:38 PM
austinp, Howdy;

One of the BIGGEST mistakes is folks thinking that they HAVE
to make it to a certain place by a specific time ... remember that it
generally takes, on average, 2 hours for every 100 miles traveled.
Take your time, don't get in a hurry to make a deadline, rest before
you think you need one everyone has their own time frame for breaks.
Remember, your not used to the long haul, and you have a trailer behind
you, something you are not used to, it's more tiring than most folks realize.
Travel safe, there are some truly crazy drivers out there and the scary
thing is that there is a group more of them than there is of us... :eek:

hankaye
Thanks hankaye. We will definitely take our time and drive slow. No reason to rush.

JRTJH
09-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Speaking of "GOING SLOW", even if I-15 is reopened to large vehicles, with only one lane open, there will be significant backups and delays. It could easily turn into an "all day" parking lot.

I think I'd seriously consider avoiding that congestion and just plan an alternate route with the understanding that it probably won't be "smooth travels" through that area.

austinp
09-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Speaking of "GOING SLOW", even if I-15 is reopened to large vehicles, with only one lane open, there will be significant backups and delays. It could easily turn into an "all day" parking lot.

I think I'd seriously consider avoiding that congestion and just plan an alternate route with the understanding that it probably won't be "smooth travels" through that area.
I hear that. Thanks.

gkainz
09-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Since someone started with things to do ... (Note that some things close after Labor Day)
Jewel Cave west of Custer
Wind Cave (and national park) south of Custer
Crazy Horse
1880 train, Hill City
Needles highway
Custer State Park
Mt Rushmore
Keystone
Mammoth Dig, Evans Plunge in Hot Springs
Ellsworth air force base museum
Titan (or minuteman?) missile silo east of Wall
Wall drug
Spearfish canyon
Deadwood and Lead

austinp
09-12-2014, 05:03 AM
That's a lot of things to do. Thanks for the list.

austinp
09-13-2014, 05:57 AM
I'll try to give some short reviews of my daily travel to and from SD. Especially while going through WY.

ed cobos
09-13-2014, 09:04 AM
we just came back from oc to south dakota, and we pull a keystone hideout w/ f150 easy and beautiful. i was concerned about the wind in wyoming and montana, but we were fortunate not to have any problems. the roads in that part of the country have warnings and barricades if it is too windy. we stayed at jrafter, what a great park between custer and hill city. beautiful area. we just heard there was some snow at rushmore. if you are not in a hurry, we went up arizona 17 to 40 to 25 through new mexico, colorado, wyoming and to south dakota, i was more concerned driving the 15 - hate it. you'll have an amazing trip.

austinp
09-13-2014, 10:39 AM
we just came back from oc to south dakota, and we pull a keystone hideout w/ f150 easy and beautiful. i was concerned about the wind in wyoming and montana, but we were fortunate not to have any problems. the roads in that part of the country have warnings and barricades if it is too windy. we stayed at jrafter, what a great park between custer and hill city. beautiful area. we just heard there was some snow at rushmore. if you are not in a hurry, we went up arizona 17 to 40 to 25 through new mexico, colorado, wyoming and to south dakota, i was more concerned driving the 15 - hate it. you'll have an amazing trip.
Sounds like we have the same setup. Thanks for the review. Can't wait to hit the road. [emoji1]

austinp
09-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Hooked up and about ready to head out in the morning.7030

Jim & DJ
09-14-2014, 11:52 AM
15 is down to one lane each direction in the Mesquite/Moapa Nevada area for another 10 days or so. Good luck on your trip..

:)

austinp
09-14-2014, 12:11 PM
15 is down to one lane each direction in the Mesquite/Moapa Nevada area for another 10 days or so. Good luck on your trip..

:)
Thank you very much![emoji1]

austinp
09-15-2014, 02:13 PM
We made it to Leeds, Utah. TT pulled great. Nice weather too.[emoji1]

hankaye
09-15-2014, 03:17 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Looks like the 'problem' on I-15 wasn't so bad after all. Good for you!
How do you plan to tackle Salt Lake City? The climb up Parleys Canyon
is a good grade 7 maybe even an 8 in some spots and is at a minimum of
5 miles with a lot of not so understanding other drivers. I always tried to
avoid it and as I was coming from the Central part of the State I'd jump
off of I-15 onto University at Provo (exit 263), then shuffle through town
(multi-lane all the way), and blend into US-189 to Heber City then a left
at the traffic light where it joins US-40W and will blend you onto I-80.
Beautiful drive through Provo Canyon, Past Deer Creek and Jordanelle Res.
and the climb isn't near as steep. Just something to consider...

Have fun,

hankaye

austinp
09-15-2014, 03:28 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Looks like the 'problem' on I-15 wasn't so bad after all. Good for you!
How do you plan to tackle Salt Lake City? The climb up Parleys Canyon
is a good grade 7 maybe even an 8 in some spots and is at a minimum of
5 miles with a lot of not so understanding other drivers. I always tried to
avoid it and as I was coming from the Central part of the State I'd jump
off of I-15 onto University at Provo (exit 263), then shuffle through town
(multi-lane all the way), and blend into US-189 to Heber City then a left
at the traffic light where it joins US-40W and will blend you onto I-80.
Beautiful drive through Provo Canyon, Past Deer Creek and Jordanelle Res.
and the climb isn't near as steep. Just something to consider...

Have fun,

hankaye
Hi hankaye, the 15 was down to one lane on each direction with no commercial traffic allowed, so that made it an easy drive. I think I'll try your route to tackle the 80 through Salt Lake tomorrow. I have my trusty road atlas to help too. Thanks for the warning on the grade.. [emoji106]

Jim & DJ
09-16-2014, 05:46 AM
When you get to the area of Sandy City, watch for I 215 and go in an easterly direction. It is a belt route that runs over to I 80 and you will see the east bound ramp to I 80. It bypasses most of downtown Salt lake.

SAFE TRAVELS :)

austinp
09-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the travel suggestions. It turned out my GPS took is from the 15 to University and away from Downtown salt lake. Exactly what hankaye suggested yesterday. [emoji1] we made it to Rock Springs at about 5PM Mountain time. Some of the 80 was down to 1 lane due to construction, but was flowing well. Weather was good except for some wind right after entering Wyoming. Took it nice and slow at 60 MPH. This Ecoboost engine is a beast uphill. Averaging so far 9.7 miles per gallon. Ran like a champ. Wish me luck with the wind tomorrow for our last leg.

hankaye
09-16-2014, 08:00 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Best way to handle the winds is to pull over, if that's not a good option
then just slow down.
Travel safely young windwalker ...

hankaye

austinp
09-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Thanks hankaye.

bsmith0404
09-17-2014, 12:34 PM
How's the trip going? You can't just leave us hanging...

austinp
09-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Here's an update on the trip.
We left Rock Springs this morning at about 7:45AM (late start). Drove E/B 80 to Rawlins and went North on 287. It was pretty windy on the 287, so I drove about 50 MPH. Then took the 220E into Casper and then the 25N to the 387E. South on the 59 for a very short while to the 450 E into Newcastle and then the 16 to the 385N. It was a long drive and we didn't get here until 5:45 PM. Taking this route seemed to avoid traffic on the interstate and avoided some of the wind, except for the 287. Now enjoying a pastrami Reuben sandwich and getting ready for bed. Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. So far so good
[emoji12]

bsmith0404
09-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Sounds like you had a pretty nice trip. I will give you a bit of a hard time about one thing though, "Taking this route seemed to avoid traffic on the interstate ". It's Wyoming, there isn't any traffic on the interstate ;)

austinp
09-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Sounds like you had a pretty nice trip. I will give you a bit of a hard time about one thing though, "Taking this route seemed to avoid traffic on the interstate ". It's Wyoming, there isn't any traffic on the interstate ;)
I should clarify that... Being passed by 500 big rigs.

hankaye
09-17-2014, 06:54 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Glad to hear you made it in one piece...

hankaye

bsmith0404
09-17-2014, 07:07 PM
I should clarify that... Being passed by 500 big rigs.

Now that is believable on 80.

austinp
09-17-2014, 07:08 PM
austinp, Howdy;

Glad to hear you made it in one piece...

hankaye
Thanks hankaye

austinp
09-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Today's visit to Mount Rushmore70547055

bsmith0404
09-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Hope you hiked the loop, it's a good time

austinp
09-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Hope you hiked the loop, it's a good time
Sure did. Also did the self guided tour. Lots of stuff I didn't know. Always learning.

bsmith0404
09-18-2014, 01:23 PM
I love that area, could spend weeks up there and learn something new every day. Great area for bike riding as well. Last time we were there the DW and I ride 20-30 miles each day and saw wildlife on every ride

gkainz
09-18-2014, 01:38 PM
did you stay at Rushmore for the evening lighting ceremony?
Oh wait - you said "today's visit" and posted it today ... so I assume you've already left?

austinp
09-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Nice. We are going back there tonight for the lighting ceremony after dinner. It's only 10-20 minutes away from where we are staying. We didn't bring our bikes this trip, primarily didn't know where to ride, but the Mickelson trail is right behind us. Next time we come here we'll definitely bring bikes. We already saw two mountain goats and tons of deer.

bsmith0404
09-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Crazy horse does a great lazer light show as well

austinp
09-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Went to the Mount Rushmore lighting ceremony last night. Great patriotic ceremony.7056

austinp
09-20-2014, 06:57 AM
Went to the Crazy Horse Memorial yesterday. There was a lot of great information there. Off to Jewel Cave7061 today.

austinp
09-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Got back today from my first 2800 mile long distance trip. Here's a few lessons learned:

Wind in Wyoming SUCKS! Slow down and always remember your on vacation.

Double check your equipment.

Ignore impatient people on the road and be courteous.

Get fuel BEFORE you need it. (Luckily I didn't go dry, but almost).

Did I mention the wind in Wyoming SUCKS?

Bring a paper road atlas. GPS is good, but it will take you through the shortest route, but not the best. I found some interesting gravel roads.

My 2014 Hideout performed flawlessly. Only small issue was the hinges for the bathroom cabinet were not installed properly and stripped out. Nothing a toothpick couldn't fix. Thanks hankaye for your help and bsmith0404 for your knowledge of the SD area. Did I mention the wind in Wyoming SUCKS? [emoji12] Here's a photo of my TT in a campsite at Ruby's Inn, Bryce Canyon. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/30/f8248bc4d6c017b50d3b55635b1a4840.jpg

hankaye
10-01-2014, 06:35 AM
austinp, Howdy;

Good to hear you enjoyed your trip and
you made it home all in one piece.
By the way, ... did you notice how much
the wind in Wy. sucks???

hankaye

austinp
10-01-2014, 08:50 AM
austinp, Howdy;

Good to hear you enjoyed your trip and
you made it home all in one piece.
By the way, ... did you notice how much
the wind in Wy. sucks???

hankaye
Thanks hankaye. Yes I did notice that, just in case I forgot to mention it..[emoji57]