PDA

View Full Version : I can now open my tailgate.

davidjsimons
09-08-2014, 12:56 PM
A problem that I have had since day one with my TT was the inability to open my tailgate while hooked up. It is a royal pain in the backside to have to load over the tailgate anything that I forgot to put in before hooking up everything. Well, my Husky electric tongue jack appeared to be getting a little bit tired, so I decided to replace it. I chose the Barker VIP 3500 after reading many good reviews. It came in yesterday and I went ahead and installed it. It was then that I noticed the three allen head screws which gave me the ability to rotate the head. I turned it 90 degrees and much to my pleasant surprise, I can now open my tailgate while the rig is hooked up. I know it doesn't take much to make me happy, but I'm thrilled with this discovery.

kellydog98
09-08-2014, 02:28 PM
What a great Suprise:D Always good to have a head scratcher come to you:D.

crash
09-09-2014, 02:32 AM
Thats great ,sometimes its the simpler things in life that make you the happiest :D:D

Richard6959
09-26-2014, 01:07 AM
I too discovered that I could not open the tail gate when hooked up. This is really bothering me. I doubt my stock jack has the option to move the head, but you can bet I will check it in the morning.

(tx)

davidjsimons
09-27-2014, 03:55 AM
I used the 24" stroke model.