PDA

View Full Version : Roof shape

byrdr1
09-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Last trip out we had a wind storm come in the last morning of our stay. Had a tree limb come down on top. I looked for the major damage but John reminded me that I could have some smaller hole damage.
Because I park my camper under a RVport I just hadn't got out to look at my roof. PLUS its been hot as shell..
With a trip coming up and the weather was OK around here Saturday. So I hauled my ladder(don't trust the factory ladder) up from the storage building and did the deed. I crawled around for about an hour. You know there is plenty of room on the back side of the camper but as I crawled towards the front it gets closer to the roof of the RVport. A crawl turned into a belly crawl. BUT after checking everything with a flashlight and looking at all the seams. The roof looks good, seams all looked good and it is still clean from the MAY roof wash and treatment, a little dusty but overall in very good shape. RVport is paying for itself NOW! The only thing I need to do is pull the Max-air style vent cover over the kitchen area and clean it real good on the inside, it looks nasty from the inside and sure was looking that way from the outside too.
Just didn't take any tools with me other than flashlight and once I was down I just didn't do it.

Kristi
09-09-2014, 06:41 AM
Glad you didn't find any damage! DH has to pull the 5er out a few feet to get to the very front, but the rv port has been a great investment, especially in the OK summer sun.

hankpage
09-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Randy, MaxxAire makes hinged mounting brackets that replace the originals. Once they are installed you simply unlatch one side (no tools) and open them up on the hinged side for cleaning and inspecting the vent to roof sealant. I have had them for a few years now and would not be without them if I got a new trailer. JM2¢, Hank

Yosemitebob
09-10-2014, 06:03 AM
Randy, MaxxAire makes hinged mounting brackets that replace the originals. Once they are installed you simply unlatch one side (no tools) and open them up on the hinged side for cleaning and inspecting the vent to roof sealant. I have had them for a few years now and would not be without them if I got a new trailer. JM2¢, Hank

Hank, can you be a bit more specific, I checked on the MaxxAire page, and they are not listed? They do have a new cover for others, but they include rigid hardware only.