PDA

View Full Version : previous owner removed stabilizer jacks

Prestigeka
09-06-2014, 10:57 AM
My new to me 2009 Sydney 310 BHS, was delivered by the seller. she bought the trailer new. She told me that she took out the AC and TV,, which were fine with me. After delivery she told me she had the jacks removed, not to be concerned, as the trailer is stable resting on tires alone. When my standard poodles or I walk around inside the trailer bounces just a bit. I lived in a 1955 Spartan with jacks that was as sound (no bouncing) as a house on a foundation. Should I be concerned? The trailer is setting in a dirt field that I intend to fence, landscape etc.

Thanks.

hankaye
09-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Prestigeka, Howdy;

Call me different (most folks do ...), but if the Stab. jacks were
attached to the trailer when you consummated the deal then you
paid for them, I'd either ask for them or the cost of replacements.
You will want them sooner or later ...

hankaye

JRTJH
09-06-2014, 12:24 PM
I agree with Hankaye. If you paid for them, they are yours, get them back. As for walking around in any trailer without stabilizer jacks, it's going to bounce. That's why they are called "stabilizer" jacks. They don't lift or level your RV, they just take the "bounce out" (usually).

If you don't have them, sooner or later, probably sooner, you'll be going somewhere to buy 4 and installing them. Don't go to a camper supply or RV dealership to buy them, they are usually over priced at those places. Look at places like Amazon.com, EBay, etc or possibly at Harbor Freight/ Tractor Supply. But, where ever you get them. You'll appreciate having them installed and in use the first time you walk around inside with a cup of coffee sitting on a counter.

Good Luck.

kellydog98
09-06-2014, 12:51 PM
:confused: A good portion of us RV'ers buy extra stabilizers to assist with the 'bounce' in our Trailers. Whether there under the frame or under the king pin on a 5'er. You deffinately will want the standard stabilizers, especially with the furry friends running around. "bouncey:

GaryWT
09-06-2014, 12:55 PM
It is odd that she took them as well as the AC. If you are leaving it in one place you can just get bricks and put them in the corners. When we were seasonal we were on bricks. As recent as 2001, jacks were still an option.

x96mnn
09-07-2014, 04:52 AM
You can add the jacks back or uses the simple blocking method to stabilize the trailer where you do not plan to move it often.

I think you should stabilize it though, just from a satisfaction standpoint there would be a bit of movement that would annoy me.