PDA

View Full Version : Replacing bathroom skylight

Richard6959
09-04-2014, 06:49 AM
The skylight in the shower is nice, but in the Florida sun and Keystones decision not to have an A/C vent in the bathroom, I would like to block the light. I can't find a sun shade or vent cover to fit. Any ideas?

BirchyBoy
09-04-2014, 06:58 AM
You can buy an insulating "cushion" that goes into the opening, but moisture would be a concern. How about a vent cover, like the Maxx Airs?

therink
09-04-2014, 07:09 AM
I would use white Krylon spray paint and paint the exterior of the skylight. It may still let some light in and white color won't absorb heat.

hankpage
09-04-2014, 07:48 AM
I removed the inside trim and placed "Reflectix" (foil coated bubble wrap) under the dome. (sounds like a good name for a tv show) You still get a little defused light but it cut down on the heat from both skylights in my Cougar. I also put it between the windows and the shades on the sunny side while in storage or on very hot days. The cut pieces store easily behind the sofa. It is available in most Home Depots or Lowes.

GaryWT
09-04-2014, 08:13 AM
It would be nice to have AC and heat in the bathroom, had it in our last trailer. Light from the skylight is a by product of them giving you head room in the shower since the tub is raised off the floor. I know there make solar blocks for door windows etc, too bad they did not have the same for this. As others have said, maybe something home made from material from Home Depot.

TDF5G
09-11-2014, 05:47 AM
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/carefree/products?action=product&productid=59

For vent or skylight.

Tinbender
09-11-2014, 04:02 PM
I would use white Krylon spray paint and paint the exterior of the skylight. It may still let some light in and white color won't absorb heat.

I went this route last year. Works very well, lets in plenty of light but is very diffused and seems to keep the heat load down. Also the Krylon "Fusion" (plastic compatible paint) protects the plastic from UV ray deterioration.
Tinbender

RdRmr
09-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Richard 6959,
Also try www.Trekwood.com/replacements,
they have replacement parts for most Keystone RVs. Happy Campin....