PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on a new BBQ

Rweb
09-02-2014, 07:09 AM
I am in need of a new BBQ for camping. Our last one, one side of the burner has quit working and it's a pain to clean. Need some recommendations for a new BBQ? We do most of our cooking outside. Thanks in advance for the help.

BirchyBoy
09-02-2014, 07:12 AM
I am in need of a new BBQ for camping. Our last one, one side of the burner has quit working and it's a pain to clean. Need some recommendations for a new BBQ? We do most of our cooking outside. Thanks in advance for the help.

I love our Weber Q1200. It is only a single burner, so I can't cook with indirect heat, but it works awesome.

Festus2
09-02-2014, 07:14 AM

Your question has been asked many times before and you will get a "short list" of recommendations. It seems however, that the two small Weber "Q" portables are the most popular. The "larger" one has the fold-down sides while the smaller one does not.

We have the Weber and it would be our recommendation- it's solid, reliable and does a great job of "BBQing".

Rweb
09-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Your question has been asked many times before and you will get a "short list" of recommendations. It seems however, that the two small Weber "Q" portables are the most popular. The "larger" one has the fold-down sides while the smaller one does not.

We have the Weber and it would be our recommendation- it's solid, reliable and does a great job of "BBQing".

Thanks birchyboy and Festus2. I did a search, and I couldn't come up with much of anything. I have been leaning for a weber or a portachef portable barbecue.

GMcKenzie
09-02-2014, 11:43 AM
I asked the same question a while back.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16366

I went with a Napoleon grill (halfway through my vacation, got PO'd at the one I was using) over the Weber as it had two burners.

Would of liked one on a stand but it wouldn't fit in my pass-through so it sits on a table. I may take my old grill and turn it into a stand for the new one.

HappyCamperMN
09-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Add my vote for the Weber Q series. Have a Q2200 and love it. Added the griddle option which works fabulously. Converted it to run off a quick-connect port on the camper and it's even better.

therink
09-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Weber-Q
Easy to cook, easy to clean, built to last.
A bit heavier than some, but as I said built to last. Can easy mod it to connect to rv propane quick connect.

sears532
09-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Anything from Camp Chef is good.... I have a version with 3 burners but they have models with 1 , 2, or 3.... Lots of accessories and are indestructible ..... Our Boy Scout troop uses them and you know what they will put them through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert185
09-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Anything Weber is a winner, and the Q is perfect for trailering. You have to experience a Weber and other types before it really sinks in how good the Weber is.

shufflesf15
09-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Weber makes great grills, but I found their Q series to be too tall for my application, even without a stand. I went with the Coleman Roadtrip and love it. It has a built-in stand and a fairly large grilling surface with nice, heavy cast iron grill grates for searing. However, its overall weight is reasonable and it's height when collapsed easily fits in the 12" door on my front pass-through storage compartment. The grill grates can be swapped for stove grates or griddles so you can use it as a grill, stove and/or griddle. I've also converted it for use with the low pressure quick disconnect propane fittings on my TT. This mod is just as easy on the Coleman as it is on the Webers and it really improves the convenience as your no longer tied to using those little bottles, which don't last very long, or lugging around an extra full-size tank. This grill really complements the outdoor kitchen on my TT. Here's a link to a review.

http://justportablegrills.com/reviews/coleman-roadtrip-grill-lxe/

instymp
09-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Weber Qs, nothing beats Weber products.