PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguishers

srvnt
09-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Added a fire extinguisher to the bedroom, and going to replace the mini one at the rear exit with a larger size. A new mini one, if needed for use on cooking fires, will go near the stove top somewhere, accessible during a fire, but not obvious, which may be a challenge, (maybe a knitting cover project for the DW). The old mini will be installed in the forward cargo hold. I have to remind myself to check them annually for fit for service. Very important tool when SHTF! One should familiarize with themselves how to operate your FE's in case of an emergency. I think one mini extinguisher is not enough for a TT.

chuckster57
09-01-2014, 11:07 AM
I think one mini extinguisher is not enough for a TT.

I agree, but it's all that's required. Got me thinking I may have to add another one or two. These things are just big matchbooks waiting for a spark :eek:

hankpage
09-01-2014, 11:50 AM
If you have ever seen a trailer or mobile home on fire you will realize you only need an extinguisher large enough to get you and your family out. Fighting a fire from the inside of one of these things is close to suicidal. I do agree you should have more than one in accessible places. JM2¢, Hank

cabinfever
09-01-2014, 12:36 PM
I have added a larger extinguisher, but like said it is just to be sure we get out. After that I would just move the things outside away from the TT and call the insurance company. Even if you get a fire out, it only takes smoke damage to about total a unit. IMO, the more it burns the less likely you will end up with a half *** repaired fire damaged unit.

bg71361
09-02-2014, 04:10 AM
I added an extra in each side of the basement too.

bsmith0404
09-02-2014, 04:15 AM
Do yourself a favor and add one to the TV. If anything catches fire while traveling, that may be your only chance to get disconnected.