PDA

View Full Version : adding grey tank support straps

CraigB
08-24-2014, 11:40 AM
I have a Montana that has the grey tanks just dropped between the floor supports. I would like to add support straps but I'm concerned about them rubbing and creating a hole or weak spot. Any ideas?

chuckster57
08-24-2014, 01:27 PM
If I were to do what your talking about, I would use plumbers strap and wrap it with duct tape. In all reality, I doubt the tank would move around enough to worry about it.

JRTJH
08-24-2014, 02:19 PM
If you're going to use plumber's tape, you can probably use an old flexible water hose. Just slip the plumber's tape into the hose and use it as a protective wrap around the tape.

As Chuckster57 said, once the tanks are installed and secured, they aren't likely to move much, if at all.

Good Luck

chuckster57
08-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Water hose is a good idea!

Jager
09-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Not move at all? Well my fresh water tank fell right out the bottom of the camper a few years ago. Like everything else on campers today it was simply tacked in place by a flimsy strap and couple of sell taping screws.

I have no clue how your tank is "installed" but I would encourage everyone to learn how theirs is held in and make sure you are comfortable with it.

hankaye
09-02-2014, 11:33 AM
CraigB, Howdy;

I'd be more inclined to use something like a bicycle inner tube (Mtn. type or Beach Cruiser),
as a chaffing strip. Cut one in half lengthwise and place it between the plumber's tape (strap),
it has better traction than a slippery hose.

hankaye