PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Spare Tire Mount Problems???

jrdoughy33
08-22-2014, 04:04 PM
I have a 30' plus Cougar trailer and have had nothing but trouble with my spare tire mount. Due to the length of the trailer and extension of the bike rack on the back the spare tire will rub the ground when going up hill and around corners. I have lost several tire covers due to this. Does anyone have any solutions to the tire mount? The spare tire needs to be raised but no one sells a taller tire mount.

Festus2
08-22-2014, 04:24 PM
One solution would be to remove the spare tire and carry it in the bed of your TV. A bit of a nuisance perhaps but it won't rub and you wont lose any more covers.

gearhead
08-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Clean it, and put it in the trailer storage bay. Valve stem up so you can check the pressure.

Yosemitebob
08-24-2014, 07:19 AM
As Festus2 said, I carry mine in the back of my truck, it rode well on the back, but if I use the extension for anything (like my barbecue) I found it easier just to throw in the back of the truck. I do run a cable through it and lock in down. Besides, it looks cleaner without it on the back :D

logspec1
08-26-2014, 04:46 PM
I would recommend you take it off and take it to you local welding shop and have them make it bigger for you. You could even go to Lowes and get the channel bar and cut it the length you want. This way you get just what you want.